Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Zurich Hotel

Hey All,

Looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Zurich that would be convent to the cities attractions and night lift and train station for day trips. Will be there four nights.

Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:21 am

Hi mojo2121

Question: What do you understand as "reasonably priced"? 50€ per room? 100€? 150€? Or you don't have a fixed limit but look for a "good deal"? Any status/hotel groups your prefer due to status?

During what season will you stay in Zurich (hotel prices are quite seasonal)?

Most hotels in and around Zurich have easy access to train/tram/bus network, so it's easy to get around from most locations (with a 4 day stay, probably a city hotel does make sense, but for example Oerlikon does have some good properties (incl brands) for much more reasonable prices than in the city centre, with <15min transportation to anywhere in the city)

A reasonable "catchs everything a bit" are the various hotels near Zürich Hardbrücke (Ibis, for example, Renaissance on the more pricy area) - still within the city, easy access by tram and train, lots of activities on the weekend evenings but also not dead during the week (lots of offices Mo-Fr)
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Also, given the price of Zurich, Swiss hostels are pretty decent and can represent a real saving. I have a businessman friend who stayed in the Zurich one recently and was delighted with it. I'm not really a hostel person, but I'm all for saving money in Switzerland. Prices are usually slightly higher if you're not a member of the hostel thing.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Altstadt (the old city) is 5 minutes walk from the main train station (connected to ZRH by express train), full of clubs, restaurants, and the kind of activity and that comes with streets lined with clubs and restaurants.
If you like that, I'll recommend a small hotel on pedestrians-only Niederdorfstrasse. Franziskaner. The hotel is in a very old building, so rooms can be oddly shaped and bathrooms can be small. The rooms are furnished in Euro- modern.
If you prefer quirky character to predictable but more cookie-cutter accommodation and staying right in the middle of everything outweighs quiet streets outside your hotel, Franziskaner - or any of the hotels in Altstadt will suit you well.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:47 pm

Closest reasonably priced hotel to Zurich is in Germany or Italy!
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
There is a really cool looking hostel in Richterswil. It's literally right on the lake. The train line is really close. You would need to transfer in Wädenswil or Zürich HB for the airport. The lake ferry is also very convenient. Not so close for the night life, but the trains run fairly late, at least on the weekend. And the night life here in Switzerland isn't really all that exciting.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I have no idea what 'reasonably priced' means to you, but check out Ladies First.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by greg5
There is a really cool looking hostel in Richterswil. It's literally right on the lake. The train line is really close. You would need to transfer in Wädenswil or Zürich HB for the airport. The lake ferry is also very convenient. Not so close for the night life, but the trains run fairly late, at least on the weekend. And the night life here in Switzerland isn't really all that exciting.
Actually, Richterswil is on the S2 line, so direct to the airport in just under 40 minutes

And yes, lovely little part of Zurich.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
Actually, Richterswil is on the S2 line, so direct to the airport in just under 40 minutes

And yes, lovely little part of Zurich.
^ Thanks for noticing that. I usually don't get so far South on the S-Bahns myself. So then it has both the S2 and S8 stopping there, but with the S8 a stop at the Lindt factory on the way is also possible.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I recommend the Zurich Sheraton hotel or the Crowne Plaza hotel both have good location and reasonable price comparable to other zurich hotels.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:02 pm

We stayed here in a one bedroom last year: http://ema-house.ch/en/hotel-suites/ Food was so expensive that we were glad to have a small kitchen for making quick meals. There is a large grocery store across the street from the train station.

If I remember correctly it was about a 10-15 minute walk from the train station. There is a tram about half a block away. The river and all its fun was about 5 minutes away.

Last summer was really really hot all around Europe. We were so glad to be in a place with good a/c for sleeping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.