Reload this Page >

Cashback in Belgium

Cashback in Belgium

Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:58 am
Ambassador: LATAM
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Cashback in Belgium

Does anyone know if they have Cashback in Belgium? As in you can go to a supermarket, get some groceries and ask for them to give you some extra Euros and it comes off your debit card.

I don't appear to be able to get any of my cards to work in any ATMs
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Hi Johnny, yes this works in most supermarkets like Carrefour, Delhaize. Not sure about Colruyt. Other grocery stores might or might not do it but it doesn't hurt to ask.
But: if your cards don't work at ATM's will they work in the shops? Better give you bank a call.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:24 pm
Ambassador: LATAM
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Cashback in Belgium

Thanks for the reply Ghentleman, cards worked in stores just fine but not in ATMs. Which was odd. I eventually tried my Colombian card and that worked fine. Good to know for next time that cash back is an option thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Thanks for the reply Ghentleman, cards worked in stores just fine but not in ATMs. Which was odd. I eventually tried my Colombian card and that worked fine. Good to know for next time that cash back is an option thanks.
I learned the hard way a few years back that most Belgian ATM's do not accept US cards; only the ones near major tourist attractions, such as the Grand Place in Brussels, worked for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.