Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ash/Green Monday in Greece - Mon. March 14th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Ash/Green Monday in Greece - Mon. March 14th

What is generally open and closed on this day? I was hoping to visit Rhodes, Chania or Heraklion on the 14th. Would the 15th be a better day to travel?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:40 pm

Most stores will be closed, and the same may be true for restaurants: it;s a fasting day, so people usually have picknicks (weather permitting ) and hardly ever go to tavernas. It will not be as "dead" as Easter or X'mas but if you have a choice, do travel a day later.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Most stores will be closed, and the same may be true for restaurants: it;s a fasting day, so people usually have picknicks (weather permitting ) and hardly ever go to tavernas. It will not be as "dead" as Easter or X'mas but if you have a choice, do travel a day later.

Thanks for the quick response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.