Wiki Posts
Search

Amsterdam lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Amsterdam lounge access

Hi,

Arriving at Schiphol soon, I'd like to enter the Aspire 41 lounge upon arrival so I can freshen up before meeting my hosts. The lounge is air side, but I believe arrivals and departures air side are inter-connected at Schiphol.

Can somebody confirm I will be able to reach this lounge when arriving from Asia?

thanks,
Rob
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:40 pm

Schiphol used to mix arrivals and departures, but everything changed last June. Unless you are arriving from a "trusted" country (Schengen, EU or USA) you need to re-clear security before you are allowed into the departure area, and you need a boarding pass for that.

But even in the old days you probably wouldn't have been allowed into the lounge without an onward boarding pass - under lounge rules rather than airport rules.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that! I guess a splash of water at a toilet will have to do!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:39 am

Or contact the lounge to be sure
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aviatrix
Schiphol used to mix arrivals and departures, but everything changed last June. Unless you are arriving from a "trusted" country (Schengen, EU or USA) you need to re-clear security before you are allowed into the departure area, and you need a boarding pass for that.

But even in the old days you probably wouldn't have been allowed into the lounge without an onward boarding pass - under lounge rules rather than airport rules.
IIRC if you can get to the door of a PP lounge and have a PP card and some boarding pass that day, you can use the PP lounge. They can be either arrivals or departures lounges unless specified otherwise in the lounge listing on their website.

In addition, some airlines (DL for example) have no problem with people having lounge access using the lounge as an arriving rather than departing passenger. I do it all the time. IIRC the AmEx Plat/Centurion card lounge benefit (sadly now only DL SCs when flying DL) never required that one be a departing passenger, only have a same day (DL) flight, previously flight within 24 hours.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC if you can get to the door of a PP lounge and have a PP card and some boarding pass that day, you can use the PP lounge. They can be either arrivals or departures lounges unless specified otherwise in the lounge listing on their website.
A few years ago I had no problem doing just that at AMS (i.e., using PP to get into a lounge on arrival), but last time I tried it I was told the rule is now "departures only". The lounge dragon relented and let me in, but made it very clear that he was making an exception.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.