Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sightseeing only tour in europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:23 am
Original Poster

I am planning a trip for my parents in Europe. I have enough miles and points to cover their flight and hotel stays. For city tours I might take Hop-on Hop-off city tours.
What I am wondering is if there are tour operators who offer excursions and guided siteseeing tours (without hotels), maybe intercity tours.
1. I will buy their flight ticket to Paris, they will reach their hotel (which I will book). The tour operator next day takes them for excursions for 3 days.
2. I will buy their ticket to Zurich, they will reach their hotel (which I will book). The tour operator next day takes them for excursions for 5 days. If there are hotels involved (like in Basel, lucerne switzerland etc) I will book them.
3. something similar for italy.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
If I understand correctly, you want a tour with no hotels that lasts multiple days and stays over in multiple cities? I think that will be difficult to find. Typically they want everyone staying in the same hotel for drop-off/pickup/scheduling purposes, and they're getting group room rates for the tour.

Why not consider several day tours out of each location? For example, while in Paris, schedule several day tours out to different locations such as one to Versailles. Then they will end up at the same hotel every night, and you can use your points. Then have your parents take the train or fly between cities.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

Most land tours include hotels and touring so since you've booked hotels I'd look at Viatour for touring or look at hiring private tour guides.

Companies like Friendly Planet, Gate1, Cosmos etc sell tours without air but are groups - do you want to put them on group tours with others on the big bus? Or are they independent?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for pointing to viator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.