Best Lounges in Istanbul Ataturk Airport with PriorityPass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP

Hello! I have PriorityPass and would like to use it in Istanbul next month. Here are my lounge choices:

Comfort Lounge (International Terminal)
HSBC Club Lounge (International Terminal)
Primeclass CIP Lounge (International Terminal)

I think I'll be able to get to all of those because I'm flying BA from IST to LHR, which is an international flight.

Any tips on which of those would be the best use of my time? I'm most interested in having diverse food options, but comfort/luxury are nice also!

Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA, HA
TK's lounge isn't PriorityPass?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
It appears not :/

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...e-be8e0c62eea5
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Primeclass CIP IMO. It is what TK used to use for F passengers back when it had the 9W planes and the biz lounge wasn't so nice.

Some photos from that visit (admittedly, in late 2008) on my site here: http://wandr.me/Airport-Lounge-Guide...s-Lounge(627)/.

After you pass immigration/security turn right and keep walking until you get to the end of the terminal (do not go "down" towards the gates). You'll see some escalators near the food court; the lounge is up those along with the HSBC Club.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:03 pm

And what does your question have to do with Star Alliance? It's TK (i.e. *A) lounge is not for you, and you're flying BA! I'd suggest you ask the mods to transfer this to the Europe forum, where more people knowing IST well may be able to help you.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KLouis
I'd suggest you ask the mods to transfer this to the Europe forum,
Already done. All you have to do is click the red triangle over there <<--- rather than berate the person who posted a question seeking advice.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
If you are using priority pass, it does not make a difference where you are flying, they will just charge your priority pass.

All 3 lounges are next to each other so it won't hurt to check all of them out before deciding which one you want to go to.

IST can get extremely busy, and the lounges will be full, so checking each of them for capacity and amenities would be key.

From my recollection, they are all similar as far as standards and amenities,
all of course paling in comparison to the TK flagship lounge.
If there is any way you can get in there, by all means.

Originally Posted by Steven6702
Hello! I have PriorityPass and would like to use it in Istanbul next month. Here are my lounge choices:

Comfort Lounge (International Terminal)
HSBC Club Lounge (International Terminal)
Primeclass CIP Lounge (International Terminal)

I think I'll be able to get to all of those because I'm flying BA from IST to LHR, which is an international flight.

Any tips on which of those would be the best use of my time? I'm most interested in having diverse food options, but comfort/luxury are nice also!

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Already done. All you have to do is click the red triangle over there <<--- rather than berate the person who posted a question seeking advice.
Sorry, this is not my way of doing things: the OP may, for whatever reason, prefer to have his/her post in a given forum, thus the advice to him/her to contact the mod.

As for berating the OP, I simply wonder where you detected in my reply "yell[ing] at (someone) : [...] criticiz[ing] (someone) in a loud and angry way" (definition from Merriam Webster). I guess you hadn't yet had coffee when you posted .
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: UA, HA
Originally Posted by westmideast
...IST can get extremely busy, and the lounges will be full...From my recollection, they are all similar as far as standards and amenities, all of course paling in comparison to the TK flagship lounge.
Is there a sweet spot when to visit the TK flagship lounge? (time/day-of-week?)
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheTakeOffRush
Is there a sweet spot when to visit the TK flagship lounge? (time/day-of-week?)
Probably in the afternoon after the North American departures and well before the Far East departures.
4 or 5 pm would be by best guess.
I arrived from FRA on LH around those times mid summer so busy season and the airport was pretty calm (compared to the usual mess)
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice everyone, I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by KLouis
Sorry, this is not my way of doing things: the OP may, for whatever reason, prefer to have his/her post in a given forum, thus the advice to him/her to contact the mod.

As for berating the OP, I simply wonder where you detected in my reply "yell[ing] at (someone) : [...] criticiz[ing] (someone) in a loud and angry way" (definition from Merriam Webster). I guess you hadn't yet had coffee when you posted .
I think the rhetorical "and what does this have to do with...?" is what some might interpret as berating. That said, I actually poked around a bit but didn't realize there was a Europe section. I posted in Star Alliance assuming its regulars would be most likely to be familiar with the options in in a TK-dominated airport. I'm glad to know this exists now, so thank you all for that as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.