Suggestions on places to visit for Europe trip

Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Congratulations.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Stivelio
Actually looks like we might end up just doing paris and rome or paris and Amsterdam. Just found out last week that we are going to have a second kid and so will try to take it easy on the travel
Congrats!

With a 4-yr old and a pregnant lady I'd do only Paris and A'dam and leave Italy for next time with the newcomer in the entourage
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Can you please help with a question about car seat? Will I need to take a car seat along with us for our 4 yr old to use in taxi/cab in Paris/Rome?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:23 pm

Can you please help with a question about car seat? Will I need to take a car seat along with us for our 4 yr old to use in taxi/cab in Paris/Rome?
If you can manage it, try to bring along a booster seat... or just buy one when you're there. I imagine a 4-year old is close to being about to be in a standard el-cheapo booster.

http://www.amazon.fr/Small-Polystyre...s=booster+seat

edit: for more detail a site like this is probably a better place to check: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1005203...hild-car-seats

Children three and over, who are less than 135cm tall and under 12 years can only travel in the back of a car using an adult seat belt if:
  • They are in a taxi, and a child seat isn't available.
  • They are travelling a short distance "in an unexpected necessity". This is to cover emergencies where you might have to collect your child, or someone else's, at short notice, and don't have the right car seat with you.
  • You need to carry three children but can only fit two car seats in the back of the car. In this case the third, and preferably tallest, child should use an adult seat belt.
  • Some classic cars don't have any seat belts fitted. If you are travelling in this type of car, children age three and over are allowed to travel in the back unrestrained. However, just because it is legal, doesn't make it safe.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just found out last week that we are going to have a second kid and so will try to take it easy on the travel
What wonderful news!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.