Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overstay in CZECH REPUBLIC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Overstay in CZECH REPUBLIC

Hello! I just received my Multi Entry Schengen visa from VFS Netherlands valid from 29-09-15 to 13-11-15 because I'm going to Amsterdam, Rome and Paris from October 1-10.

However, I also wanted to go to Prague on November 10-14. Is it still possible to enter Prague on those days? Or will I overstay? What is the penalty?

Would it help if I adjust my travel dates to Prague or leave on Nov 13?

Would they still let me in even if my visa is soon to expire?

Please help!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:08 am

It's a shame you didn't mention the planned Prague trip on your first application as they would probably have given you an extra day if you had done.

You can enter Schengen on your existing visa on 10 November, but you have to leave on the 13th - and I don't think there is an easy way round this. You could try to get your first visa cancelled after your first trip and apply for a new one for the right dates, but this would be a lot of hassle. Probably easier to cut down your second trip if you can.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
If you have a valid ticket out before the expiry date, sure, it's no problem.

Just really don't even think about overstaying even for a day, if ypu want to be eligible for a new visa in the future!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:00 am

You need to apply for a new Czech visa valid from 14NOV onwards, clearly showing that you already have a visa valid until 13NOV and will be in the Schengen States on the date of visa expiry. They will issue a new visa with post-dated validity starting on 14NOV. You can then enter on the "combination" of visas. There will be questions asked probably at POE, but this is the correct way to do it. I've done this myself twice.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:55 pm
MHG

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor
I would recommend to leave the Schengen Zone on nov 13.
That way you´ll save a lot of hassle and stay legal.
It might be possible to get an "adjusted" visa but that surely will require some good arguments and IMHO is not worth the hassle involved.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I believe there is a punishment for those who overstay their visas within Schengen. As in you will be denied a new visa in the future (up to a certain number of years). You need to look into that aspect.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I believe there is a punishment for those who overstay their visas within Schengen. As in you will be denied a new visa in the future (up to a certain number of years). You need to look into that aspect.
There is that potential for a punishment -- and it's rather common for an overstay to result in future difficulty with visa acquisition. [But not all overstays are subject to such punishment -- at least not if the Czech Republic follows the laws applicable to it.] Unless the OP is in a special kind of circumstance, best to get out of there on time or get the situation fixed before being there after the visa validity period expires.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
I need some opinions here. My Schengen Visa expires on 21-10-2015. I interpret that as leaving on the 21 is fine, am I right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.