Wiki Posts
Search

Layover what to do: 4 hrs in VIE, 3 hrs in WAW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Silver
Layover what to do: 4 hrs in VIE, 3 hrs in WAW

Is this enough time to get out of the airport to do some sightseeing (assuming no flight delay of course)? I've never been to either countries.

Time is: 9am to 1pm in VIE, 2pm to 5pm in WAW
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by allanfan
Is this enough time to get out of the airport to do some sightseeing (assuming no flight delay of course)? I've never been to either countries.

Time is: 9am to 1pm in VIE, 2pm to 5pm in WAW
In theory it is long enough to get out in WAW, if all goes well. WAW is probably 20 minutes by taxi to the city (wild guessing that one) and you could reasonably pay some amount of money to go up the Palace of Science and Culture (e.g. big old communist tower) and see the sights. Or over to the old town and do a quick walk/lunch. I wouldn't plan it too busy, as I have always been reasonably lucky with traffic, but again theoretically possible. budget 30-40zł for a taxi and you should be fine.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:15 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
In theory it is long enough to get out in WAW, if all goes well. WAW is probably 20 minutes by taxi to the city (wild guessing that one) and you could reasonably pay some amount of money to go up the Palace of Science and Culture (e.g. big old communist tower) and see the sights. Or over to the old town and do a quick walk/lunch. I wouldn't plan it too busy, as I have always been reasonably lucky with traffic, but again theoretically possible. budget 30-40zł for a taxi and you should be fine.
I'd agree that short trip to the WAW city center is doable but traffic might be tricky - you're hitting rush hour.

mfk
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Silver
Thank you guys on WAW, I'll look up some quick sights in city center.

How about the 4 hours in VIE?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
VIE is connected via a direct rail link to downtown (The City Airport Train) that runs frequently and is fast (16 Minutes) but it's pretty pricy at 19 Euros for a return ticket. From Wien Mitte Station you could walk around the Stadtpark pretty easily.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
VIE is connected via a direct rail link to downtown (The City Airport Train) that runs frequently and is fast (16 Minutes) but it's pretty pricy at 19 Euros for a return ticket. From Wien Mitte Station you could walk around the Stadtpark pretty easily.

If you have a few minutes more to spare the S-Bahn suburban train only takes 9 minutes longer and costs 8,80€ for a return ticket. As opposed to the CAT this also includes a single ride on the U-Bahn or tram.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
I'd agree that short trip to the WAW city center is doable but traffic might be tricky - you're hitting rush hour.

mfk
Great point. I've never had the pleasure of WAW rush hour. As usual, Believe Michał.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.