Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest miles from S (E) Asia to Europe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Cheapest miles from S (E) Asia to Europe

I'd like to get to Spain towards the new year and looking for a good redemption. Cheapest flight I found was $500 on aerosnot, I can do better.

I've access to UA (50k), AA(20k), Lufthansa(20-30k eventually), and either Alitalia or Flying Blue (will earn more with AZ but FB has those promo awards). I am out of the US and likely no opportunities to get new cards or MS.

I will go to the US or similar W hemisphere place after Europe.

What's the best scenario? To me either Lufthansa 30k from India or a promo award looks best, but wondering if I'm missing something. Would much prefer to leave from SEA than India/S Asia.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:41 am

Lufthansa is a bad choice. They will slam you with fuel surcharge which easily will cost you more than a paid economy ticket.

You will want to use a program with minimal scam charges for that, which in my experience are the US programs.

Anyway, where in Asia are you trying to depart from.... Asia is a rather large region....
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Seems odd to define such a broad departure area. It's likely the savings from a cheaper ticket from departure city XYZ would be offset by your costs in relocating to said city, no?

Anyway SIN-London/Paris is 59.5k miles return in Y on SQ, which I guess you can book as a UA *A award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.