Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Uk and schengen visa without in person visit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points

My wife and I had our first trip to europe (london, paris, frankfurt) booked for the 2nd week of sept. We did this assuming she would pass her naturalization and have a us passport. Unfortunately she did not pass due to not understanding one particular question. No biggie, they said they would set another date. Well now it s been almost 3 months and nothing.

The last resort is to get visas. The uk visa requires a visit to uscis for biometric but the french visa requires driving to chicago for an interview. Is there any alternative for a us green card holder?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:22 am

Which nationality does your wife hold? For the Schengen Visa I think you need to show up in person for the biometrics/fingerprint thingy as well: http://www.germany.info/Vertretung/u...ist__Visa.html

Also have a look at the other requirements, e.g. proof of health insurancce... quite harsh and you might be suprised that you have to provide them quite a lot of documents.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:12 am

deleted

Last edited by ft556; May 28, 2018 at 7:49 am Reason: legal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.