Which Greek island?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Greek island?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Ikaria? [...] and extremely relaxing [...] but it was just so laid back [...] and loving it.
I guess, you didn't miss your flight out of there. And now you also know why these guys get 100 years old
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:06 am

Greece indeed had thousands of 100 years old pensioners, that relatives "forgot" to report dead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ated-ruin.html
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Ikaria? I just say this because we were there a few weeks back and found it the right combination of easy to get to (OA flight from ATH) and extremely relaxing. Apparently we missed tourist season by a couple weeks so there were never more than 30 people on the beach but everything was still open. We had all kinds of plans to rent a car and see the island, but it was just so laid back we ended up spending our whole time in and around Therma/Agios Kirikos.... and loving it.
Ssssh !
Don't tell everyone about Ikaria.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by KLouis
I guess, you didn't miss your flight out of there. And now you also know why these guys get 100 years old
I will be honest, I didn't quite know how we were going to do it but at the same time I had gotten into the spirit of the place and hadn't actually thought about it much. So at lunch on the last day I saw a guy with a taxi pull up in front of the (larger) Thermal spa, seemingly off duty, so I walked over and just asked him if I could book a lift.

He didn't actually speak any English, but he got the girl at the spa to translate. Sure as anything he was waiting downstairs at our hotel right on time, chatting with the owners. No big deal.

We were, however, at least an hour early for the flight. Can't say as we got to enjoy the lounge, but the terminal was unique Got a great panorama I hope to find the time to post one of these days.

Originally Posted by Clint Bint
Ssssh !
Don't tell everyone about REDACTED.
Oh, right. Got it!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by x1achilles
I need FT members help too.
Advice also for me on which Aegean island to go to in Sep. (3 weeks from now!)
Love to hear from those who've actually been to their recommendations.
I've done Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, Tinos, Samos, Hydra, Rhodes.
This time prefer "slightly off the beaten track" island:
Maybe Amorgos, Skopelos, Folegandros, or maybe just the Peloponnese????
Goal is quiet relaxation without being too remote (like Anafi).

Thanks in advance!
Chris
I'm headed to Koufonisia the first week in October.
Then Paros and Naxos.
Hotel and lodging prices are ridiculously cheap.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Kalymnos - get a flight from Athens to Kos then a short ferry ride. It is the original sponge divers island from where many Greeks emigrated from to the US and Australia. The food is amazing and the locals the friendliest. I am actually there now. The island is good for diving and rock climbing if that is of interest. The temp as I write this (at 17.30) is in the low 90's and too hot to sit out in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.