Ljubljana, Slovenia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Ljubljana, Slovenia

This summer my husband and I will in this city for a day, what is there to see as well as places to eat, we try to eat at local places..

TIA
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:40 pm

I was there 3 years ago. There are countless places to eat along the Ljubljanica River in the middle of the city near Preseren Square (Slovene spelling: Presernov trg), I don't have any particular place to recommend.

The castle is nice and the view over the whole city is great. The neighborhood at the foot of the castle hill makes for a great stroll, the central market was nice, people in Ljubljana are super friendly in general. The Dragon Bridge is cool. Tivoli Park is further west (maybe 10-15 min walk from Preseren Sq) and looked great when I was there during the Spring.

If you get there by car, I strongly recommend going to Lake Bled (1h North) and the Postojna Caves (30-45min West).
Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by barneyg_
I was there 3 years ago. There are countless places to eat along the Ljubljanica River in the middle of the city near Preseren Square (Slovene spelling: Presernov trg), I don't have any particular place to recommend.

The castle is nice and the view over the whole city is great. The neighborhood at the foot of the castle hill makes for a great stroll, the central market was nice, people in Ljubljana are super friendly in general. The Dragon Bridge is cool. Tivoli Park is further west (maybe 10-15 min walk from Preseren Sq) and looked great when I was there during the Spring.

If you get there by car, I strongly recommend going to Lake Bled (1h North) and the Postojna Caves (30-45min West).
Yes we will have a car, thanks for the info...
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
If you are there on a Friday, there is a food market where local restaurants have booths set up. If you are up for a food tour, I would contact Iva at http://www.ljubljananjam.si/food-walks I've taken the tour and it is great.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by davidgrahammd
If you are there on a Friday, there is a food market where local restaurants have booths set up. If you are up for a food tour, I would contact Iva at http://www.ljubljananjam.si/food-walks I've taken the tour and it is great.
WOW, thanks for the info and yes, we love food!
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by barneyg_
Stunning destinations both!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.