Wiki Posts
Search

VAT refund in Poland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

VAT refund in Poland

Hey everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone had experience with getting the custom stamp on VAT refund forms in Poland.

I purchased a new laptop computer and am anxiously waiting for my departure so that I can open it up. Is is absolutely necessary that I keep it in it's original plastic wrap and that I don't open it until the day of my departure when I get the stamp? If I open it do I risk not getting the custom stamp from the custom officer?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I would not take it out of its sealed packaging (unless asked to do so at the airport by the official). But the VAT in Poland is only 8%. So, if you really want to use that laptop beforehand, it's not going to cost you that much if they deny your refund request.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:39 pm

A duty-free item in Europe simply can't be used/smoked/drunk/eaten before it leaves the EU. Of course that's theoretical since, unless a customs (or similar agency) agent asks for the original invoice or, in your case, the buyer/smoker/drinker/eater applies for a refund of the VAT, nobody will know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.