Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel near CPH or early morning flight into CPH

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
Hotel near CPH or early morning flight into CPH

I grabbed one of the very cheap C-class flights Star Alliance offered ex-CPH a while ago. Now I realize, that my positioning into CPH is not as easy as expected, as there are obvioulsy no early-morning flights from BER to CPH. My flight out of CPH is at 10.00 am on 28 August, but the first flight from BER is not before 9 am, so no option. Seems that I have to fly in the day before, as I don't fancy an overnight train or coach ride. Or does anyone have a better idea?
And can anyone recommend a decent hotel near the airport, preferably with airport transfer bus service?
Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas!

edit: I'm sorry, I overlooked the dedicated sub-forum for Nordic Countrys, therefore I didn't get an answer when using the search tool. Please move this posting to the appropriate forum. thanks.

Last edited by ex-koelner; May 24, 2015 at 2:14 am Reason: my stupidness
Old May 24, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
The Hilton is at the airport - no need for a transfer bus, you can walk. Stayed there a couple of weeks ago. Good place.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Take the train from Berlin to Copenhagen. It gets loaded onto a ferry between Germany and Denmark - a fairly unique experience and Spar tickets are great value. Park Inn @ CPH is usually cheaper than the Hilton though it's a metro stop away from the Terminal.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
The Hilton is at the airport - no need for a transfer bus, you can walk. Stayed there a couple of weeks ago. Good place.
Agree. I clicked on the thread to say the same thing after seeing the title...
Old May 25, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
If budget matters, my vote goes to the Park Inn. Very easy ride on the subway (which is actually not underground on that stretch).
Old May 25, 2015, 5:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
I grabbed one of the very cheap C-class flights Star Alliance offered ex-CPH a while ago. Now I realize, that my positioning into CPH is not as easy as expected, as there are obvioulsy no early-morning flights from BER to CPH. My flight out of CPH is at 10.00 am on 28 August, but the first flight from BER is not before 9 am, so no option. Seems that I have to fly in the day before, as I don't fancy an overnight train or coach ride. Or does anyone have a better idea?
And can anyone recommend a decent hotel near the airport, preferably with airport transfer bus service?
Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas!

edit: I'm sorry, I overlooked the dedicated sub-forum for Nordic Countrys, therefore I didn't get an answer when using the search tool. Please move this posting to the appropriate forum. thanks.
The Hilton is the easiest, but whether or not going for it depends on how much of a premium you want to pay. Sometimes I find it a better deal to use the Park Inn CPH (despite having to pay for Metro use to get there and back to the airport) or to do the Hyllie-Malmo Arena Hotel (twelve minutes away from CPH by a train to/from Sweden that runs about every twenty minutes for all but the wee hours of the dark, very early AM hours) or even a hotel a few minutes walk from Malmo Central Station.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 25, 2015 at 5:48 am
Old May 25, 2015, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks everybody.
While a night at the Hilton won't plunge myself into bankcruptcy, I'd prefer a more budget-oriented option, as I only need a room for a couple of hours of sleep. And I don't need any fancy bars or restaurants, a park bench for a canned beer and a cigarette at night will do it
I'll travel with a medium-sized bag only, so I wouldn't mind to take the metro or a train a few stations off the airport.
Malmoe sounds like a good alternative, will check out that.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ex-koelner
Thanks everybody.
While a night at the Hilton won't plunge myself into bankcruptcy, I'd prefer a more budget-oriented option, as I only need a room for a couple of hours of sleep. And I don't need any fancy bars or restaurants, a park bench for a canned beer and a cigarette at night will do it
I'll travel with a medium-sized bag only, so I wouldn't mind to take the metro or a train a few stations off the airport.
Malmoe sounds like a good alternative, will check out that.
If you can acquire a Jojo (Southern Sweden electronic travel purse) card before you arrive in CPH, the roundtrip price from CPH to Malmo is around 170 SEK. There is the Malmo Arena Hotel (a Best Western) in Hyllie that goes for as little as c. $55/night and is literally like 15-20 minutes total travel time from hotel lobby to CPH check-in counters by foot and train. The hotel includes breakfast, as is rather common for major brand hotels in Sweden. For a little more money, and like 8 minutes more travel time, there are more hotels in central Malmo.

I like the Hilton CPH, but for value for money -- especially when barely spending any time in the room other than to sleep -- I find Malmo hotels to be a spectacular value. That said, there are exceptions, as with this week when Malmo hotels were almost all sold out and the overflow demand was shifting to Copenhagen hotels or out to rather distant points across Skane.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 28, 2015 at 2:49 am
Old May 28, 2015, 5:49 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
As requested, moving to the Nordics forum. Please continue to continue the discussion over there.

stut
Europe Forum
Old May 28, 2015, 5:53 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
If you're looking for a more budget option in Copenhagen, I like the Wakeup hotels - there's one at the back of the main station, and one on Borgergade, a short walk from Kongens Nytorv. Both can be easily reached from the airport: the former by train; the latter by metro. They're well-designed budget hotels - fresh, tiny, but well designed rooms.

(The area around Halmtorvet, near the station, does have a number of decent and reasonable-for-Copenhagen eating options, particularly if you're dining solo.)

(FWIW, the airport is pretty efficient and the city small, so, knowing it well, I have no problem leaving my office in central Copenhagen 90 minutes before a short-haul flight is due to depart...)

In Malmo, I like the Moment Hotel, opposite the station. Again, tiny rooms, but a nice, fresh refurbished old hotel.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by stut
In Malmo, I like the Moment Hotel, opposite the station. Again, tiny rooms, but a nice, fresh refurbished old hotel.
I also liked Moment Hotel, very convenient to Central station (plus free breakfast) and cheaper than anything nearby in Copenhagen.
Old May 31, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Some really odd suggestions here about Malmo and the Copenhagen red light and junkie district.....

The Hilton sometimes has cheap rates on weekends and I nearly exclusively use my Hilton points there.

In addition to the Park Inn there is a Quality Inn maybe 1 km from the door to T3. You can take the metro one stop as well, and don't bother paying for the ride. There is another sketchy looking place next to the Quality. I have never stayed at these. Don't expect much!

If you head west toward Ørestad (2 stops on the train) there is a Clarion hotel there, as well as a budget Cabinn. This is a newly developed area, so the hotels will be relatively nice in their respective categories. Just a few hundred meters north (can also take the Metro one stop) at the Bella center (trade show location) there is a massive hotel with more than 800 hundred rooms (the largest in Scandinavia). It is actually quite nice with stunning architecture. If there is not a major trade show going on then you can possibly snag a room there quite cheap on Hotwire. I got one for like DKK 600ish a few years ago. Well it came to around USD 100.

Google maps will show all the hotels. There are some more sketchy places around the airport. You can pull up quotes on booking.com.

p.s. I think the Clarion is the only hotel that has a shuttle. But the train options are quite easy and a cab would not be too expensive.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gnaget
Some really odd suggestions here about Malmo and the Copenhagen red light and junkie district.....

The Hilton sometimes has cheap rates on weekends and I nearly exclusively use my Hilton points there.

In addition to the Park Inn there is a Quality Inn maybe 1 km from the door to T3. You can take the metro one stop as well, and don't bother paying for the ride. There is another sketchy looking place next to the Quality. I have never stayed at these. Don't expect much!

If you head west toward Ørestad (2 stops on the train) there is a Clarion hotel there, as well as a budget Cabinn. This is a newly developed area, so the hotels will be relatively nice in their respective categories. Just a few hundred meters north (can also take the Metro one stop) at the Bella center (trade show location) there is a massive hotel with more than 800 hundred rooms (the largest in Scandinavia). It is actually quite nice with stunning architecture. If there is not a major trade show going on then you can possibly snag a room there quite cheap on Hotwire. I got one for like DKK 600ish a few years ago. Well it came to around USD 100.

Google maps will show all the hotels. There are some more sketchy places around the airport. You can pull up quotes on booking.com.

p.s. I think the Clarion is the only hotel that has a shuttle. But the train options are quite easy and a cab would not be too expensive.
The Marriott/AC Bella Sky hotel? They may even have a bus to get there from the airport.

I took the (M2/yellow?) Metro train line from CPH past the Park Inn CPH a few days ago and they were checking for tickets very close to there. What are the fines, 750DKK or more? I've seen more ticket checking on the way between CPH and Orestad than on this section of Metro, but unless I'm told it's officially a free zone, I wouldn't travel by Metro or by rail on the CPH-Kobenhavn H line without a ticket. Everyone's risk aversion level may be different.

The Hilton often has relatively cheap rates (compared to its own ADR) on weekends (and points/points+cash are sometimes a very good value there), but it's not all that cheap most of the times I've needed a hotel for convenient travel to/from CPH.

For a cheap CPH transit layover, often I find it cheaper to stay in a Malmo hotel, even when factoring in my transport costs.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 1, 2015 at 3:07 pm
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:14 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Copenhagen GO Hotel

Do also look into the Copenhagen GO hotel at Tårnby trainstation (one stop from the airport on the railway to København H), 100 m from the train station. Simple, but adequate, usually around 700 DKK/night.

http://www.go-hotel.com/
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everybody, very helpful advice. I tend to book a room at the GO hotel. While it gets mixed reviews, it scores by price and location. Unfortunately I'm not travelling on a weekend to benefit from special rates at the Hilton and others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.