Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amsterdam airport taxis

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Amsterdam airport taxis

When we arrived at AMS earlier this month we took a taxi from the airport rank into the City. I was most impressed by the quality of the vehicle but could not place its make. It turned out to be a Tesla and the driver said that there were about 100 Teslas registered as designated airport taxis. It was up to limo standard and silent. Also quite expensive, the ride to the centre cost €50 mid afternoon. It had the largest GPS screen I have ever viewed inside a car. It was the size of a large laptop screen, oriented in portrait view and could be split into GPS and engine performance if needed. In full screen GPS view it was actually startling. The driver joked that it was helpful because he had some trouble seeing. I think he was joking.
Old May 16, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
50 Euros is a typical fare from the airport to the city center. The Teslas operate at the normal rate.
Old May 17, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
http://cleantechnica.com/2014/10/21/...7-tesla-taxis/
Old May 19, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.