Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about customs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Erm, customs after a MXP-TXL flight? Or any other intra-EU flight? I don't think so.
Sure, if you luggage began its journey outside the European Customs area.

We are talking about customs here, not imigration.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
What is the timing between flights? If you are on a separate ticket to TXL you'll be up the creek if you miss it as you won't have any protection for an onward flight. This also applies if your inbound flight from JFK is delayed, so I would budget a minimum of two hours between published landing and takeoff.
We have a bit over three hours at MXP. The flight from JFK is overnight. I checked with trip insurance and they said they will cover it.

Thanks everyone for all the info.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ndstate
We have a bit over three hours at MXP. The flight from JFK is overnight.
That should be fine.

I checked with trip insurance and they said they will cover it.
OK. You made sure to point out that they are two separate bookings, correct? Some policies specifically exclude A-B-C trips where B-C is not on the same booking as A-B.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
That should be fine.

OK. You made sure to point out that they are two separate bookings, correct? Some policies specifically exclude A-B-C trips where B-C is not on the same booking as A-B.
Yep, I described the exact situation and they said I was good to go... pleasantly surprised.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.