Wiki Posts
Search

Ideas for 4 Hour Layover at BRU

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Ideas for 4 Hour Layover at BRU

I have a 4 hour layover at BRU from 1020 to 1415, any recommendations or ideas to pass the time? I will be connecting from FRA on LH J and connecting to EDI on SN J, also Star Alliance Gold and United 1K if that helps. Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Can I suggest you try doing a simple search "BRU layover": that generates myriad threads with myriad ideas. Here is one from very recently that has myriad embedded thread links in it http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...s-what-do.html
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Can I suggest you try doing a simple search "BRU layover": that generates myriad threads with myriad ideas. Here is one from very recently that has myriad embedded thread links in it http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...s-what-do.html
Will do, thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:37 am

With 4 hours, I'd go into town only if you have never been in Brussels - you'll have time for a short walk around the Grand Place area, but nothing more. The linked threads above will indeed give you all the info needed.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: M&M FTL
If you enjoy walking around, the nearby village of Zaventem can easily be reached on foot, and it actually has quite a good selection of restaurants. Definitely better than sitting in the airport for four hours, but safer than going into the centre of town as you can get back quite quickly and easily.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:42 am

I've had a 4 hour layover in Brussels in November (VIE-BCN on SN). On our outbound flight we decided to stay at the airport, worst decision ever. I reckon there is not a single airport out there which is more boring than BRU. After half an hour at Quick (=McDonalds) we just sat around waiting and hoping for our flight to finally depart.

On our return we took the train into the town centre. It costs an outrageous 9€ for the 15 minute journey but I still think it's worth it. You'll have enough time to take a walk through the inner city and see most of the stuff that's worth seeing in Brussels and also sit down for a nice Baguette or something like that. We discovered a lovely Baguetteria around the corner from Bruxelles Central (train station) that I can recommend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.