Helsinki vs Talinn vs Gdansk vs ???

Helsinki vs Talinn vs Gdansk vs ???

Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Tallinn, hands down.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, AF FB, SQ KF, SPG, MR
Originally Posted by jaymar01
If you're sending the OP to a Baltic Sea beach in June, he'll need to pack a jacket. We're not talking Mykonos here.
I strongly believe the OP is aware of the difference between Mykonos/ Greece/ Southern Europe and any of the above mentioned cities.

Nonetheless, last year I actually went to Sopot at the very beginning of June, and not only did I not need a jacket, but I also managed to get a tan bordering on sunburn. The average temperature in that week was above 20C/ 70F.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by karanissa
Totally agree with tupungato. Starwood have a beachfront property in central Sopot, the TriCity agglomeration offers a plethora of sights and attractions (IMHO everything bar alpine skiing), and the Polish cuisine is probably the most varied in CEE (due to historical reasons). As for nightlife - guess where Scandinavians (and Germans, and Brits, and...) come to unwind.
...and CEE/EEC has ceased existing ~10 years (1993) before Poland joined the European Community, that later (2009) became the European Union! By the way, what exactly are the historical reasons that render the Polish cuisine the most varied one?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, AF FB, SQ KF, SPG, MR
CEE also stands for Central and Eastern Europe.

EEC became EC in 1967, and evolved into EU in 1993. Poland joined the last mentioned body in 2004.

The historical reasons are - among others - foreign consorts/ rulers, changing borders, and migrations. Needless to say, one of most common Polish soups did not contain about half of today's ingredients 700 years ago.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum ; Hilton Gold; Hertz 5*, Delta DM. Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Thanks for all of the details...pretty sure I am going with Talinn. Not too concerned about the weather...even if it is a little chilly it is no big deal. I live in NYC so it will be hot before I leave and hot when I get back...a little cool might be nice.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
You are in a good position - cannot go wrong, whichever you choose (STO, TLL, HEL, GDN)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.