Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Quick Winter Mountain Escape near ZRH for non-skiiers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT

SO and I have an upcoming 48hr layover in ZRH and were looking to spend one of the nights in a chalet in or near the mountains somewhere. Since its a short trip, were just looking for a charming small town to walk around and enjoy the scenery and maybe snowshoe / hike.

Most of the recommendations I hame come across seem to be geared to skiiers, so I was curious what town would be best to visit in its own right. At the moment I'm looking at Grindelwald or Murren so I also wasn't sure if there was something closer to ZRH.

Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:45 am

I hope your trip is not very soon: there is hardly any snow anywhere in Europe! for some, for me!
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by KLouis
I hope your trip is not very soon: there is hardly any snow anywhere in Europe! for some, for me!
It is, but no snow is also fine buy us. Just looking for some nice scenery.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: MileagePlus Club, Amex Platinum, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
If you're looking to go as far as Murren, and don't care about skiing, I'd save a few hundred meters and stop at Gimmelwald. http://www.gimmelwald.ch/ Never been in winter yet, but it's on the list.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
You don't even actually have to leave Zürich, if you go up the Uetliberg. http://www.utokulm.ch/en/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.