Wiki Posts
Search

Airside ATM at AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL,EK
Airside ATM at AMS?

I am traveling from a Schengen country to a non-Schengen country with a connection in AMS. Is there an ATM on the airside of either section of the airport where I can pull out Euros?

I have 2 1/2 hours there so I could probably exit to landside and go back, but I'd rather not.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:19 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
DesertNomad

There are ATM's airside.

Look for ABN-AMRO or Travelex office(s).
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
In the Schengen section there are two ATMs near where the C pier connects to the main terminal building.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:06 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think I recall seeing ABN-AMRO ATMs in the non-schengen zone also, with a choice of various major currencies.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
If it's a Travelex machine, I recommend NOT taking their conversion rate (many will offer to do the conversion and a notably higher rate) option.

I find my bank rate (and I pay no fees) is better than whatever most European banks offer when pulling money out. I see it often here in the UK and it'd cost me $.05-$.15 more per GBP sometimes.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL,EK
Yup. I never let the ATM in Prague do the rate... much better to let my USA Bank determine the rate.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:11 am
Suspended

I've never seen a European airport that didn't have an ATM. Sometimes I had to go out of the secure area to find a non-travelex.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:56 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Europe forum
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I think I recall seeing ABN-AMRO ATMs in the non-schengen zone also, with a choice of various major currencies.
There are ABN AMRO and ING ATMs airside at Schiphol, both in the Schengen section as in the non-Schengen section.
A word of caution: if you choose any currency other than euro, you will get hit by a terrible exchange rate which is similar to the cash exchange rates at Schiphol. NEVER get USD or any other foreign currency from an ATM at Schiphol. (this is probably true for all non-local currencies from any ATM everywhere in the world)
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by greggarious
I've never seen a European airport that didn't have an ATM. Sometimes I had to go out of the secure area to find a non-travelex.
Especially in the arrivals / bag reclaim area there's usually a whole range of ATMs in the typical European aiport. Most of the times also offering a crazy exchange rate as sign of welcome to the country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.