Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Miles for trip to Ukraine / Athens Greece

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:34 am
Original Poster

UA Miles for trip to Ukraine / Athens Greece

I wanted to get some advice on the feasibility of this trip - this is my first post to FlyerTalk, though I've been reading the forums off an on for several months.

I will be traveling to Lviv, Ukraine at the end of January 2016 from Little Rock, Arkansas. I will need to be in Lviv until mid June (the dates are flexible +- a week or so).

However, I've got around 300,000 US frequent flyer miles I'd like to use. I, my wife, my 4 year old son and my 1 month old daughter will all be traveling together, though we plan to have the 1 month old as a lap child, so she won't need a ticket.

I need to stay in Lviv for 5 months from mid January to mid June. I'd then like to spend a week in Athens, Greece, and then come back to Anchorage, Alaska.

My question: how likely is it to get 3 seats together for a journey like this:

LIT to LWO (stopover for 4 months)
LWO to Athens (destination)
Athens to Anchorage, Alaska (open jaw)

I wouldn't mind doing another open jaw to get to a place in Europe that would make it easier to get to Anchorage.

How likely is it to get 3 reward tickets for a trip like this? I would be able to book about 6 months ahead of time.

Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:40 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk FFHU45jh !

Now a couple of things:

Europe forum isn't the place where you are likely to get an answer to this question @:-)

And the title says UA, but body of message says US miles.

Please clarify, and I'm sure moderator will be able to move this thread to a proper place.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:37 pm

You have to look at this "backwards" since Lviv(LWO) has limited useful/connectable air service........and base it around this.

LOT flies to LWO from Warsaw, and Austrian from Vienna.......Lufthansa had MUC-LWO in the past......did not see it on today's schedule....could be seasonal or non-daily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.