Wiki Posts
Search

airport shuttle/taxi from WAW to Lodz, Poland

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
Oh, right Mikkeller-land? (apologies, I'm a beer freak, my MUST VISIT place in CPH, Viktoriagade 8)

Safe travels!

mfk
I am not a beer freak and didn't know about this place. Will recommend it 'second hand' so to speak if the question comes up in the Nordic Forum.
The extent of my experience with and knowledge of beer is a few visits to the Carlsberg Brewery back in the days when it was a working brewery and a ride or two on a horsedrawn Carlsberg beer wagon ( I love the horses ).
They have a visitor center now in the Carlsberg place where you can see the wagons and the remaining horses and there is a micro-brewery - Jacobsens.
http://www.visitcarlsberg.com/#the-flow
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Reporting back :

Used Viptrans24 for transfer between WAW and Lodz and it went very well.
Flight arrived slightly early and we had only hand luggage so we were landside a little before official landing time.
The driver was already there.
The drive took 1 1/2 hours. Nice fast drive on the motorway but a lot of traffic the last 20 km ( after we exited the motorway ).
I got lazy ( and had an irritating experience with trains to Leczyka ) so I used the same company for a transfer from Lodz to Warsaw Centralna.

We ate four times in the Anatewka restaurant ( the half duck was a highlight... ).
The decor was so overdone that it was fun, the staff was very nice and the food was good ( and we now have a collection of different small jews with a grosschen.... ).
We also enjoyed the Ato sushi.
And I can recommend the Ganesh restaurant in the Manufaktura area - had very good Lamb Madras.

I hope to visit Lodz again in a few years ( or more ) when they have filled in all the holes they have dug all over the place......
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by helosc
The decor was so overdone that it was fun, the staff was very nice and the food was good ( and we now have a collection of different small jews with a grosschen.... ).
Miniature jews holding money?? Nothing un-PC about that.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Miniature jews holding money?? Nothing un-PC about that.
Well, as far as I have read, it is an old Polish custom - you got it when you paid the bill in a restaurant - it is supposed to make you prosperous.
I decided to see it as a bit of a joke instead of getting offended - after all it was given in a restaurant serving Jewish food. But yes, not very politically correct....
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by helosc
Well, as far as I have read, it is an old Polish custom - you got it when you paid the bill in a restaurant - it is supposed to make you prosperous.
I decided to see it as a bit of a joke instead of getting offended - after all it was given in a restaurant serving Jewish food. But yes, not very politically correct....
I'm glad everything worked well and you enjoyed Lodz! Me happy

Proper reaction to that small sculpture, there's no insult intended.

best from TLV
mfk
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
I'm glad everything worked well and you enjoyed Lodz! Me happy

Proper reaction to that small sculpture, there's no insult intended.

best from TLV
mfk
And I hope your father had a very nice birthday and that you all enjoyed TLV and Jerusalem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.