Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

connexxion bus from AMS into city, morning rush hour - slow?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:11 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !

Will be trying the bus (197) from Schiphol into the city later this week, leaving AMS at about 9am - according to the 9292 app, it should take around 30 minutes into the Rijksmuseum, but I am wondering if that it still accurate at that time in the morning, or if I need to allow extra for rush hour.

Anyone with experience to share?

thanks
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold
Usually no delay as it uses bus lanes most of the way. It can be very crowded but I've always been able to get on.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The local commuter train ride to Centraal station is about 15 minutes and leaves every few minutes from AMS. From Centraal station, you can take one of many trams to the Rijksmuseum. Not long at all. Do you just prefer buses and a one-seat ride?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Analise - I just don't want to have to lock up eur20 on a chipkaart

And actually the bus is just as quick as train + tram, anyway

ERJ-12B - thanks for the comment
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold
You don't need an OV Chipkaart to ride the train. You can buy a paper ticket with a chip for an additional €1. But other agree the bus ride is just as quick as train and tram.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ERJ_12B
You don't need an OV Chipkaart to ride the train. You can buy a paper ticket with a chip for an additional €1. But other agree the bus ride is just as quick as train and tram.
I know that I can buy a paper ticket, but since I already have a chipkaart, it seems like either a waste of €1 or loaning them €20...

Anyway, just reporting back to say that the bus was probably quicker than scheduled, and also not too busy. Very easy indeed, and one I will use again in preference to train/tram.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.