Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for Heraklion, Crete hotel recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Looking for Heraklion, Crete hotel recommendations close to airport

My (adult) son will be flying into Heraklion (arriving about 7:30 p.m.) next month, and then returning to the airport the next morning to rendezvous with my wife and myself before we rent a car to move on to other parts of Crete. I'd I'd welcome advice regarding the his booking a hotel for the night:

1. Quiet hotels in locations that are close to the airport, at a price of up to $100.
2. An idea of about what a taxi should cost each way.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Thunderroad; Aug 20, 2014 at 10:47 am
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
For one night in Heraklion (arriving about 7:30 p.m.) next month, for one person before moving on to other parts of Crete the next day, I'd welcome advice regarding the following:

1. Quiet hotels in locations that are fairly convenient to both the beach and the airport, at a price of $80-$100.
2. In addition, some idea of what parts of town are fairly convenient to both.
3. An idea of about what a taxi should cost each way.

Thanks for any help!
If you stay in Heraklion for only one night, why do you need something close to the beach? At any rate, for the price you quote, I could think of Lato (great view) or Atrion (quiter). The airport is less than 5 km from the city centre (price for taxi to any of those hotels should be less than 10 Euro including different surcharges). Beaches are about 5 km westwards or 10 km eastwards. Taxi should be between 5 and 15 Euro. Sorry about the imprecise taxi prices, I haven't used one in ages...

As for restaurants (you didn't ask, but this is free advice ), look for Ippokampos (half-way between the two hotels, 5 min. walk) for cheap mezedaki-like dishes or Parasies (very close to Atrion) for grilled meat etc.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks, KLouis! I don't know what I was thinking in asking for anything other than a decent hotel close to the airport. I've amended my original post accordingly. Of course, if you or anyone else has a recommendation for a restaurant near such a hotel, that would also be great.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks, KLouis! I don't know what I was thinking in asking for anything other than a decent hotel close to the airport. I've amended my original post accordingly. Of course, if you or anyone else has a recommendation for a restaurant near such a hotel, that would also be great.
Even after rephrasing, I stay with everything I wrote (hotels and restaurants). Anything closer to the airport and one's not able to sleep (airport doesn't close during the night).
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A belated thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.