Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Areas to stay in Oslo and Amsterdam

Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I will be headed to Europe for the first time with my friends. We are looking into AirBnb for lodging...but we are not sure which area in either location is a "good" place to stay.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold
For Amsterdam anywhere within the three rings that you see on a map. If you want specific suggestions can you tell is what you are looking for in the immediate area of your hotel?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes as long as you are in the center of either city, you can walk across from one side to another in a short time. The only thing to avoid is staying in the red light district of Amsterdam if you like to sleep at night.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC P25
In amsterdam I prefer the museum quarter between vondelpark and museumplein area. Far enough out to stay quiet but close enough to the action. If you like to party (I don't) you'll find it quiet and the trams don't run to the late hours. Agree red light district is for the wild crowd since it's pretty seedy and loud after the early evening hours.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:20 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Oslo: check availability of public transportation (preferable tram ("trikk") or subway ("T-bane"). Even if the center is walkable, there are considerable distances even to inner suburbs.

Grünerløkka is a good area for night life. Frogner/Majorstuen and St. Hanshaugen are also good areas for restaurants.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.