Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flight route database

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:48 am
Original Poster

flight route database

I have an employee who will start air-commuting to a remote location once-twice a week soon. I'm trying to decide on which days to do this, based on flight availability. Is there any sort of database that allows me to select two locations\airports and maps out the flight schedules (airlines, days, times)?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:53 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I don't know of a particular service that does what you're asking for, but I'd generally, in that case, go to the smaller airport's website, and try and figure it out from there.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by yonatanh
I have an employee who will start air-commuting to a remote location once-twice a week soon. I'm trying to decide on which days to do this, based on flight availability. Is there any sort of database that allows me to select two locations\airports and maps out the flight schedules (airlines, days, times)?
I'm not sure what you're looking for....are you looking to get the cheapest airfare or most convenient times between a cluster of airports in one area and a cluster of airports in another?

Try the ITA Matrix.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
And I suggest that this thread gets moved to the Travel Tools forum, where it will get better attention.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: MUCCI
"Remote location" suggest few airlines fly there.
So start in reverse, look at that location do they have an airport website and/or a tourism website, look at either to establish who flies there.

That will determine airlines needing to be involved, and in turn (if connection is needed) that will guide on likely airlines due to partnerships, alliances, etc.

And the route schedule on the 'remote location' will probably dictate that, so get the timetables for the airline that does that.

If you post the location, I'm sure someone on FT will have been there...
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by David-A
"Remote location" suggest few airlines fly there.
"Remote location" could also mean "a location other than where the office is currently located". Perhaps the OP could clarify for us...
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by florin
"Remote location" could also mean "a location other than where the office is currently located". Perhaps the OP could clarify for us...
I did suggest they post the location!

I'd say that was a slightly more strenuous meaning, but anything is possible...
Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:40 am

To get a good idea of which flights exist between two airports (or areas), you can start here: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:35 am
Suspended

there is and Database for Planeplotter maybe you can use it to?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:57 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Ah... another hit&run
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:41 am

http://www.rome2rio.com might fit your needs. It gives you days-of-the-week for any route, plus shows you alternate starting and ending points, e.g. for a requested Santa Barbara to Lille, France, it will suggest you take LAX-BRU flight, and a train to you final destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.