Wiki Posts
Search

Best way from MUC to Zirl in Austria?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Best way from MUC to Zirl in Austria?

Advice on plane to hotel transfer needed please guys.

Flight in question is BA 950 LHR-MUC arriving 1145 on July 23rd, i'm an EU citizen and don't believe in checking bags

Hotel is in Zirl near Innsbruck and my initial plan was to S-Bahn to Munchen Ost or HbF, train to Innsbruck, bus to Zirl. I'm entirely happy/confident making this journey (it's what I will probably do on the way back) but i'm not sure if it is the most effective option. I'm also concerned about what happens if my flight is late and I end up missing the train i'm booked on.

There is a coach service from MUC to Innsbruck city center which is far cheaper (11 Euros vs 40 or so) but the coach is scheduled to leave 30 minutes after the flight arrives which strikes me as rather tight. Next coach isn't for 3 hours which is far longer than I want to hang around an airport for.

I've also found Four Seasons shuttle bus which is slightly more expensive than the train (45 Euros) but will drop me in Zirl thus saving faffing around in Innsbruck - and the cost of a bus ticket. The obvious disadvantage is that as a shuttle bus it could go round most of Southern Germany before it goes anywhere I want.

Which of these options do you guys think is best - or is there another one that i've overlooked? Budget is not up to private transfers. Times all seem fairly comparable, train is shortest travel time but may involve a fair bit of waiting around.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:04 pm

If the bus option is just 11€ I would book the bus and try to catch it. If you miss it, you still can use the regular train service. According to oebb.at the fare will be between 40€ and 48€ (flexible), so booking in advance and won't save you a lot.
By the way there's also a train running from Innsbruck to Zirl so there's no need to take a bus from there.

I also found another taxi company which offers a shuttle service from MUC to Zirl.
http://www.airporttaxi.co.at/html/zirl.html They charge 45€ ow/ 85€ RT.

If you haven't already booked with BA, Easyjet flies directly from LGW to INN.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Deleted

Last edited by sbc94523; Jun 19, 2014 at 4:00 pm Reason: mix up on city
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Never mind - I found a reasonably priced flexible DB ticket so problem solved.

I have also discovered that if you go back to an old search OBB put their prices up. Cheeky so and so's - I cleared my internet history and saved 20 Euros.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Probably not the bad way to go. I would have rented a car but I can see why this doesn't work for everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.