Wiki Posts
Search

Fall Honeymoon Planning: Turkey and the Mediterranean

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Fall Honeymoon Planning: Turkey and the Mediterranean

Hi everyone!

First time post here, I'm hoping I've come to the right place for travel recommendations.

My lovely fiancee and I are getting married this May and upon the advice of one of our well traveled friends, we've decided that we would really like to begin our honeymoon in Istanbul and travel the Mediterranean. Neither of us have traveled in this region so we are very excited!

We've already booked our flight into Istanbul late August and have 16 days to explore the region before we head back from Istanbul. Everything in-between is a blank canvas at the moment so we're looking forward to hearing recommendations from others who have traveled the region and know some of the best kept secrets.

We will be traveling on a modest budget and would ideally like to spend the first week based out of Istanbul and the second week based out of somewhere else on the Mediterranean, with small day trips mixed in-between. We've lucked into a massive amount of Hyatt points due to having our wedding at one of their locations so we were toying around with the second leg in either Nice, France, or Thessaloniki, Greece.

We really appreciate any ideas / advice that this community is willing to offer. Thank you so much for the help!

-Ross

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.