Wiki Posts
Search

Milan/Switzerland Travel Plan with Family

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P
Milan/Switzerland Travel Plan with Family

Hi all, I booked a round-trip flight JFK-MXP, arriving in MXP at 12noon on March 5, and leaving MXP at 2pm on March 10. I really want to explore Switzerland, especially the Glacier Express. However, my time is limited and I am bringing a large family including my parents, my wife and my 22-month old daughter.

I have a tentative plan, but do not know how to finalize. Can anyone give me some suggestion to see the best scenery at a reasonable pace?

March 5: noon arrive in MXP, tour Milan's cathedral and stay overnight near the central train station.

March 6-9: head to Switzerland. I definitely want to go to Zermatt, take glacier express. In possible, I want to go to Luzern, Interlaken and Jungfrau.

March 9 at night or March 10 early morning going back to Milan to catch flight at 2pm on March 10.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by kgkg; Feb 19, 2014 at 10:39 am
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott, SPG, M&M, HHonors, Melia
Do you plan to travel by train around Switzerland? I would suggest to rent a car ( I understand that you are in 5) and go directly from Malpensa to Luzern (3h drive). You can spend your first night there and then head directly next day to Interlaken. You can spend 6,7 and 8 March there and then come back to Milan on 8 March evening. In this way you can relax on 9 March in Milan and be fresh before the flight.
http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/home.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.