Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass lounge access @ Brussels Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Priority Pass lounge access @ Brussels Airport

Hey guys,

I fly Brussels Airlines 2-weekly so I spend quite some time at BRU. I remember having read something about lounge access in the B.Magazine, I think it was about Priority Pass.

does anyone think it's worth buying? I always commute between Brussels and Hamburg, but would mostly use the PP at BRU. I won't get SN Business lounge access until the end of this calendar year when obtaining the FT status.
I know there are a whole lot of "cults" and lounges up the stairs at Pier A, but will I get access to those too, and does the €99 basic subscription pay off?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Originally Posted by Nominal
I know there are a whole lot of "cults" and lounges up the stairs at Pier A, but will I get access to those too, and does the €99 basic subscription pay off?
Just remember that the basic membership level only gives you the card, and you need to pay 24euro for each visit on top of that. The higher tiers include either 10 or unlimited visits in a higher annual fee, but will be less expensive in total if you actually visit more than 7 times.

According to the priority pass website, the card only gets you into the "Diamond Lounge" in terminal A.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Indeed only access to Diamond Lounge with PP. Not worth the €24 for me. I get better value elsewhere.
Don't forget you will be FTL on M&M after 30 segments flown on LH group: 15 out and returns (or less with some creative routing).
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:53 pm

On top of that, recently BRU has added 30 minutes of free wifi so as long as you don't get to the airport too early you can just find a quiet spot and mind your own business.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
The OP may consider getting a CreditCard that comes with PP anyway e.g. Amex Plat. But there are several other CCs to choose. As pointed out by others make sure that you get the proper PP card with unlimited access. The 99 Euro card does not really make sense and is not worth it IMHO.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oddly the Diamond Lounge non-Schengen (opposite to BA lounge) is the best lounge at the airport (excluding Jet). Hot and cold food, showers and newly refurbished. They had a nice fish meal when I was there last time. Schengen lounge pretty bad though!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:57 am

As this topic is not related to M&M and one of the affiliated airlines, I will move the thread to TravelBuzz!

Have a nice day

totti
Moderator M&M forum
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:58 am

I will be in BRU in two weeks time again and will try to check the Schengen Lounge again. I will report back asap.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:26 pm

Hey, just saw this post. I will be in Brussels airport for some hours... I wanted to use the priority pass that comes with my plat amx card. Will I have access to any lounges? also what does non-Schengen mean?

thanks
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area
Basically Schengen-area and non-Schengen traffic is kept separated. Flights within Schengen-area are treated like domestic flights in US (no pasport control, occasional ID checks).
According to the PP site you should have access to both Diamond lounges at BRU.
I tought the Diamond Lounge in the A-pier was closed for renovation but according to both the PP and Brussels Airport website it isn't, so...
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:39 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this question is airport-specific, let's move this over to the more appropriate Destination forum. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:25 am

I'm in BRU right now and the Diamond lounge in pier A seems open, there are signs pointing to it. It's in the usual location on top of the A gates.

Now if the new SN lounge were to be open...
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:05 pm

I'm in BRU next week and have just been checking through Airport Angels. They say the Terminal A Lounge is for Schengen only and the Terminal B for non-Schengen only. They also say about the Term. A Lounge:

Please note the lounge will be going under renovations from the 06th April. There will be a temporary lounge situated on the same level at the end of the corridor in the hall and to the left. Appropriate directions will be provided. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
While I know it is not common, I am hoping to use this lounge as an arrivals lounge while I await a colleague that comes two hours later. Do the Priority Pass lounge dragons ask for an onward boarding pass? Am hoping to be able to wait in comfort rather than in the arrivals area. Arriving in Schengen area.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
While I know it is not common, I am hoping to use this lounge as an arrivals lounge while I await a colleague that comes two hours later. Do the Priority Pass lounge dragons ask for an onward boarding pass? Am hoping to be able to wait in comfort rather than in the arrivals area. Arriving in Schengen area.
They never have when I've used it. I don't see why they'd care, since they get paid just from scanning your PP card.

Arriving from a Schengen-zone flight, you'll be able to walk right to the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.