Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Recommended driver in Budapest

Old Aug 18, 2012, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

http://www.taxibudapest.eu/

I emailed Tom at the above URL to pick us up at the main train station in Budapest. He responded quickly (always within 2-4 hours) and was waiting for us with our names on a sign.

The one-way fare from the train station to the Hilton Castle Hill was 15 Euros. The round trip fare was only 19 Euros total. Since we were switching hotels and would be leaving from the Hilton WestEnd, I had not booked the round trip. However, Tom said that it was no problem to get the 19-Euro fare and that he would pick us up at the other Hilton.

Tom prefers payment in Euros or U.S. dollars. The prices are clearly indicated on his web site. I paid in Euros because the current exchange rate is much more favorable.

Here is the best part. Upon dropping us off at the first hotel, I asked how much I should pay. "Nothing," Tom responded. "You pay the entire amount when I pick you up at the other hotel."

Later I emailed Tom again to ask him to move us from one Hilton to the other. Again, he responded promptly, was on time to meet us, and quoted me 9 Euros for this trip. I now owe Tom 28 Euros altogether. "Should I pay you something now?" Again, Tom said, "No, you pay when I pick you up to take you to the train station."

In addition to being prompt, Tom is polite and speaks decent English. I definitely recommend him if you need transportation in Budapest.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
19 Euro from the train station to a hotel? That's a terrible rip off price, just call one of the taxi numbers it will cost you like $4-5USD worth of forinth in a fair metered cab.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
The OP did not specify which train station he departed from. 4-5 dollars is about 1000 forint so I dont even think it is realistic from Deli train station.

Hungary is not as cheap as it was 10 years ago.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
I forgot to mention that there are 4 train stations in Hungary so it is worth looking at the map where you want to get off that's closest to your hotel.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:16 pm

There are 2 another companies as well in Budapest with private drivers:
www.taxicab.hu and www.transferbudapesthungary.com
more cheaper than other companies in Budapest and only with New Mercesedes vehicles!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:19 pm

www.taxicab.hu and www.transferbudapesthungary.com more cheaper and only with Mercedes vehicles!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.