Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

prepaid sim for iphone in amsterdam & brussels....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

questions for the experts in this area....i'll be in amsterdam & brussels for about a week each next month....i was looking for a sim that i can use with my iphone (unlocked)....what is most important to me is data use....i don't care what the calls & sms cost since i will rarely use that....but i will require data usage all the time....

i would prefer to get a different sim for both amsterdam & brussels since i don't want to deal with roaming charges....please let me know what my options are....thanks in advance....
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any info would be appreciated....thanks again....
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Bump.. Anybody? Heading to Brussels next weekend. Any idea if the prepaid SIM cards at Brussels have a data plan for the iPhone?

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, FB Gold
Vodafone prepaid sim with "blox" activated in Holland will get you 500mb with current offer at 30 euro. Granted that I'm using a blackberry while here so the iPhone plan might be slightly different. Otherwise t-mobile has a similar prepaid sim plan that gets you 500mb for around 20 euro or 1gb if I'm not mistaken for 30.

Belgium, I'm not up to date with...
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just go to a "Phone House" or any other non carrier branded phone shop and you'll be able to get a prepaid normal SIM card and they can "cut" it into iPhone size.
Or I think you get a iphone sim at pre-paid at any Vodafone shop.

With a Vodafone pre-paid sim you can activate your "Blox", just ask in the shop. Rates are as follows, use Google translate: http://www.vodafone.nl/internet/inte...lefoon/kosten/

Web Blox: 9,50€ per month (you can turn this off when you leave, or only load 9,50 on the sim) 200mb Web+SMS blox: 14:50 per month 500 mb
Web+Sms+Bel BloX: 34,50 per month 1000mb
Or for 2€ a day you get 20mb per day.

Edit, no idea about rates in Belgium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.