Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-gates and proof you've left Schengen

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2023, 9:49 am
Original Poster

e-gates and proof you've left Schengen

I'm reading about the e-gates at Schiphol. I'll be arriving from the US, spending the day in Amsterdam and then getting a flight to the UK that afternoon. I see I can use the e-gates at Schiphol for departure but if I do how do I get a passport stamp to prove I've left Schengen? I don't want to fall afoul of the 90/180 rule.

Thank you!
Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by VoiceActor
I'm reading about the e-gates at Schiphol. I'll be arriving from the US, spending the day in Amsterdam and then getting a flight to the UK that afternoon. I see I can use the e-gates at Schiphol for departure but if I do how do I get a passport stamp to prove I've left Schengen? I don't want to fall afoul of the 90/180 rule.

Thank you!
I flew out of Schiphol a couple of weeks ago. I used the egates but I still had to stop at the little kiosk just after the gates where the agent stamped my passport.
farci likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
There should be a desk after the e-gates which you will visit to get an exit stamp. I’ve not flown into or out of AMS but this is how e-gates have been set up for non-Schengen passport-holders in other places that I have visited recently.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: FB Gold
Passport stamps are still in use for non-EU/EEA/CH passport holders, there is an officer that stamps the passport after you pass through the electronic passport contrôles.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 7:56 am

I have british passport and used egates to exit at Schipol but no one stamped my passport post exit. Not sure why as I am reading that there was a desk to get it stamped. Didn't see one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.