BRU to CRL - 4 hours?

Subscribe
In June I will be arriving at BRU from JFK with a connection at ZRH on LX. I want to book a cheap flight 4 hours later from CRL on Ryanair. Is it possible to make the transit from BRU to CRL in 4 hours?
In theory, it should be. You may want to look into the buses that leave to CRL from the Brussels-South station (or Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel-zuid, whichever you prefer)
Since my itinerary is JFK-ZRH-BRU, the last segment is considered to be Schengen to Schengen correct?

Would that make going through customs a little faster? How long does it normally take? I figured if it is less than 1 hour to clear customs (no checked luggage), it should not take more than 2 hours to get to CRL
How important is that flight from CRL?

What would be the consequences if you missed it?

If all goes to plan it's do-able... but what if something goes wrong? Flight delay, train delay, traffic jam... you really haven't got much leeway.

Let's go through this step by step...:

Arrival at BRU - you won't have to worry much about Customs. You never do in Europe (unlike in the USA or Canada), you just walk through the appropriate channel and keep on walking unless you get pulled over for a spot check. So - unless you get selected for a spot check it should only take you a few minutes to get landside, and you can probably make it to Midi/Zuid in about an hour from the time you walk off the aircraft (this includes walking time and the time spent queuing for a ticket and waiting for the train).

From Midi/Zuid there is a bus to Charleroi every 30 minutes, journey time one hour - so that's a maximum of 90 minutes if you've just missed one. 2.5 hours total so far, which leaves you 90 minutes before your flight departs.

What is your nationality? If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen you have to queue up for a document check for your Ryanair flight. Don't know how long that will take.

Does your baggage conform to Ryanair's strictly-enforced limits of strictly one bag, strictly 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, strictly 10 kg? If not you will have to check it... which means that time is really going to be tight, even without any delays.

Personally I wouldn't risk it - unless my plans are such that it doesn't matter if I miss my flight.
Thanks All! I decided to take the conservative route and stay a night in Brussels before flying out from CRL.

On that note, can anyone recommend a cheap place to spend the night for a party of 3? My flight to AGP will be 11am the following day.
Quote: Thanks All! I decided to take the conservative route and stay a night in Brussels before flying out from CRL.

On that note, can anyone recommend a cheap place to spend the night for a party of 3? My flight to AGP will be 11am the following day.
There is nothing wrong with spending a night in Brussels... You could stay at the Ibis hotel at Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel-Zuid (from where according to WC_EEND you can take the bus to the airport in the morning). They have rooms for 3 persons.
It's not the nicest area, but as long as you don't go exploring the neigbourhood at night you'll be fine.
Quote: There is nothing wrong with spending a night in Brussels... You could stay at the Ibis hotel at Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel-Zuid (from where according to WC_EEND you can take the bus to the airport in the morning). They have rooms for 3 persons.
It's not the nicest area, but as long as you don't go exploring the neigbourhood at night you'll be fine.
In that case Id rather continue to Charleroi right away (stressfree) and get a hotel there.
Charleroi hotels tend to be cheaper in average than in Brussels and youll save the (very) early morning wake-up call ...
Quote: In that case Id rather continue to Charleroi right away (stressfree) and get a hotel there.
Charleroi hotels tend to be cheaper in average than in Brussels and youll save the (very) early morning wake-up call ...
Up to the OP of course. But personally I'd rather spend 24 hours in Brussels instead of Charleroi...
connection BRU to CRL air port
I am going to take Ryanair as well. I am going to have night stop in Charleroi.
But how can I get there from BRU airport to sought? I arrive at 21.45 are there regular connections as day time ?

Is taxi that expensive option? in that case how expensive?

Other cheaper option is appreciated .. many thanks..