Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Porto

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL
Sheraton Porto

Does anybody know the Sheraton in Porto, Portugal? The pictures on the Starwood site show windows/glass walls between the room and the bathroom. Does anybody know if all the rooms are this style and if there are shades to block the view that not everybody wants?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I am planning to stay there in April.
I will be alone, so if anyone has a problem
seeing me in the shower, that is their own problem.

Would be interested in anyone's comments about the hotel, also.

I am sure if you email them
you will get the answer you need..

[email protected]
Old Feb 6, 2010, 2:04 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
We stayed there five to seven years ago. I do not recall the visibility issue to which you refer. It was a quality hotel in an upscale neighborhood, but way too far from the central city. It was exceptionally well maintained. Finding English speakers among the employees was a bit of a problem. The hotel catered pretty much exclusively to the business traveler.
If you're going to Porto as a tourist, I wouldn't recommend this property due to its location on the outskirts of the city. However, as a business hotel it would be difficult to top IMHO.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 8:54 am
Community Director Emerita

Here's the thread in the Starwood forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Mar 24, 2012, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alas the Sheraton is on the outskirts of Porto.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a central hotel good for sightseeing and close to the main attractions ?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by magmax
Does anybody know the Sheraton in Porto, Portugal? The pictures on the Starwood site show windows/glass walls between the room and the bathroom. Does anybody know if all the rooms are this style and if there are shades to block the view that not everybody wants?
I've only seen this peculiarity in Chinese Marriott hotels. Definitely did not see it at the Porto Sheraton.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by maltasr
I've only seen this peculiarity in Chinese Marriott hotels. Definitely did not see it at the Porto Sheraton.
I've seen it in a number of LM's in SE Asia...
and more recently at Westin PVR.
There have always been wood panels or similar to close it off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.