Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Reserving seat on Etihad, using their web site ?

Reserving seat on Etihad, using their web site ?

Old Sep 13, 2009, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Question Reserving seat on Etihad, using their web site ?

Hi,
Has anyone reserved a seat on Etihad, using their web site.
I looked all over, and the only place I think would allow me to reserve a seat is the web chekin of Etihad.
However, that web page will not accept my E-ticket number (6##2104#####1) - as probably there is a time restriction for using this application (24 hours before the flight?).
E-mailing Etihad with this question did not produce any answers.
So, did anyone manage to reserve a seat on Etihad flights using Etihad's web site ?
Thanks,
Ron.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 9:06 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
ronbarak, welcome to FlyerTalk. As your Q. is specific to this airline, I'll move it to our Other Middle East...Airlines forum, for further discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Okay, thanks.
Ron.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 1:16 am

Programs: Qmiles, Virgin, USAir,BA,Thai,Mabuhay,
Hi Ron,
I managed to review and reserve my seat 24hrs before my flight. However, I found that the system didn't accept my e-ticket number but did accept my Airline Reference number (which is a 6 figure code consisting of numbers and letters). There is a drop down menu box that allows you to check your reservation against either your Frequent Flyer number, your e-ticket number or your Airline Reference number.I also found that I had to re-click on the submit button a couple of times as on the first couple of occasions the page came back as unavailable. Guess ther's a glitch on the system.
The only other option would be to phone reservations and pre-book your seat.
Hope this helps. I'm off on tonight's flight to AUH and will soon see if the system works!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 5:04 am

Smile

Hi,

Etihad lets you reserve seats during online booking and then only in the last 24 hours at web check in.

However, you may call up customer service and have seats allotted in between.

Etihad's Web leaves room for improvement.

All the Best,
Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyrarely
Hi,
Etihad lets you reserve seats during online booking and then only in the last 24 hours at web check in.
I was told, by a Ticketing & Reservation Agent of Etihad Airways in AMM, that "you can check your details by checking your itinerary before you fly then click itinerary then fill up your PNR and last name details".
However, the https://www.etihadairways.com/sites/...veBooking.aspx he refers to is a catch-22 page: once you enter the PNR and press Enter, you're re-routed to the exact same page!

Indeed!!!

All the Best,
Thanks,
Ron.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Hi JB,
As flyrarely writes with understatement (maybe he's British ?): "Etihad's Web leaves room for improvement."
Bye,
Ron.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:59 am
Original Poster

To complete the thread:

Again with the help from AMM Etihad office, I managed to get into the "Your Itinerary" page by entering not the PNR, but the Booking reference.
Alas, there's no way to reserve seats in that web page.
So, the only way to reserve a seat electronically is if one does it 24 hours before the flight.
Thanks for all who helped.
Ron.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:27 pm

Hi,

All the Best,
Thanks for this info - I phoned up yesterday and now have seats reserved for all 4 legs of our trip in November. in row 3 - two in the middle and one on the side. I was a bit nervous about contacting Etihad after all the negative things I have read about ground service, but I have to give them full marks. I wanted 3 things - to know whether I can check my luggage through to London from Canberra, particularly as CBR-SYD is on a different ticket. The answer was it depends on Qantas. Not that worried, as there will be plenty of time to collect in Syd, take over to International and check in again. The number of times our luggage has gone missing with Qantas this year, that might be safer anyway.

Next two were easy - booking limos in London and seat allocation. Etihad Sydney put me through to the call centre and a quite efficient lady, Prachi, handled all that.

so so far so good - although obviously I wasn't asking hard questions, like are there sleeper suits or will I get the first suites.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 1:13 pm

Smile

Hi,

Here is a tip.

If you need something done with Etihad Airways on phone, try this.

Call up their call center, choose the interactive voice response(IVR) option where you are required to enter your frequent flyer (Etihad Guest) Number.

This way you will get connected to their call centre (probably in India).

I have got the best service this way, compared to their offices in Abu Dhabi.

Cheers.

Please post your experiences.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:38 pm

Hi,

Here is a tip.

If you need something done with Etihad Airways on phone, try this.

Call up their call center, choose the interactive voice response(IVR) option where you are required to enter your frequent flyer (Etihad Guest) Number.

This way you will get connected to their call centre (probably in India).

I have got the best service this way, compared to their offices in Abu Dhabi.

Cheers.

Please post your experiences.
Thanks for the tip.

I plan to do a trip report as I go (hopefully will have time).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.