AUH - JFK F Redemption

Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:40 am
Original Poster

AUH - JFK F Redemption

Hi,

I'm looking to book a flight from AUH to JFK in F, using Etihad Miles. The cost is around 117000 miles. Etihad are (as previously announced) planning to change the cost in miles of their guestseats with "some increasing and some decreasing in cost" - I suspect this route could be in for a hike.

I note that I can change the date of my redemption for only 100 AED. I am not planning to book the seat until February as I am unsure on the date yet. Therefore, does it sound logical to just book any date for now (say, May next year) and then pay 100 AED later to change it to what I actually want? If I do this, can I move the ticket forward further than I am currently allowed to book (for example, October next year?).

Appreciate any advice!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:21 am

I believe when you move the date it will require a reticket which will charge you whatever the new redemption cost is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.