Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Very poor and disappointing Etihad Guest Customer care services

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:07 am
Original Poster

I recently booked my very first Etihad flight (Emirates FF) to my hometown Manchester. Which I booked on 30/8/17.
I called on 1/9/17 after having multiple failed attempts at creating an Etihad guest account online. The lady I spoke to asked me to 'keeptrying' despite me telling her that I have been trying for over 24hrs! The conclusive solution to tha call was for me to call back in few hours if I was still unable to do this online since the website might be under maintenance.
I obliged and called back and had to relay the whole story again. After checking with other colleagues the Etihad customer care advisor took all my personal details and said she would forward it to the relevant team and I should receive an email with details of my guest account within a maximum period of 72hrs.
Once again I obliged and remained patient. This patience lasted until today 9/9/17 when I called the customer care team again after not having received any email about my account application. I was told there was no record of my request or any information! So over a week later there is nothing! Just denial! When I asked for a solution I was told they'd contact me Monday 11th which is when I travel out so then they said we will contact u after u get back!!
Luckily Etihad promises that calls are recorded and luckily for me the calls I made along with call length were still on my call log.
I asked for an investigation into who took my personal details and if they did not use it to set up an Etihad guest account then what did they do with it?
Again I was told I'd find out after return from my trip in October which I find hard to believe given the consistently poor customer service to date.
I think it's fair to say that I won't be turning into a loyal customer! Just an unhapbpy and disappointed one!

Last edited by KayAdam; Sep 9, 2017 at 8:40 am
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:56 am

Etihad is going down the drain.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
The customer service from Etihad guest has always been a weak link even before Etihad started its downhill slide

I would imagine you can apply at the airport and get miles credited

Interested as to why you are deserting Emirates - I am going the other way!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Amnicoll, it's a shame for Etihad though as they actually could easily be better than Emirates with Emirates Airlines becoming so busy they can't provide the service they once used to!
I am not deserting the Emirates! Love it here. Just a quick trip home.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
I think you have about 3 months to create an account and add the miles after a flight.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:36 am
THR

Why would you post your booking reference on a public forum?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - Please remove the PNR (Booking Reference) from your post. It is not relevant and is private information which could be used by others to your detriment.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
OP - Please remove the PNR (Booking Reference) from your post. It is not relevant and is private information which could be used by others to your detriment.
Thanks for pointing that out! completely forgot it was still on there since I just copied my original mail to Etihad!
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by KayAdam
Amnicoll, it's a shame for Etihad though as they actually could easily be better than Emirates with Emirates Airlines becoming so busy they can't provide the service they once used to!
I am not deserting the Emirates! Love it here. Just a quick trip home.
meant the airline not the place
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:24 am

EY doesn't believe in rules. Everything and nothing is possible. Enjoy the good sides, ignore the bad sides. As long as you keep that in mind, you won't be disappointed.
akalra1187 and Aventine like this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by thbe
EY doesn't believe in rules. Everything and nothing is possible. Enjoy the good sides, ignore the bad sides. As long as you keep that in mind, you won't be disappointed.
This is so true about EY.

I've told the story before, but I will repeat it, I simply asked the check in agent in AUH if it was possible to have a complimentary upgrade from J-F. Without so much as a blink he printed me a new boarding pass. I couldn't even dream of this happening on any other airline. Sure, if you got a nice attendant they would say they have put the request and they will let you know at the gate, but no on EY the guy just did it there and then, and I could use the F lounge as well.
On the other hand they battered up my suitcase, there are conventions, such as the Montreal Convention, that state that all airline are indeed responsible for your luggage, EY however flat out ignore this. Once they have your bag its not their problem.
As thebe said, enjoy the good, forget the bad.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: EK, BA, AF
Originally Posted by akalra1187

I've told the story before, but I will repeat it, I simply asked the check in agent in AUH if it was possible to have a complimentary upgrade from J-F. Without so much as a blink he printed me a new boarding pass. I couldn't even dream of this happening on any other airline. Sure, if you got a nice attendant they would say they have put the request and they will let you know at the gate, but no on EY the guy just did it there and then, and I could use the F lounge as well.
On the other hand they battered up my suitcase, there are conventions, such as the Montreal Convention, that state that all airline are indeed responsible for your luggage, EY however flat out ignore this. Once they have your bag its not their problem.
Sorry to burst your bubble but this is simply not possible. I mean, there is no way in Sabre by which a check-in agent can just process an upgrade without this being done previously by flight editing. So, assuming that you have been upgraded on that day (and you got your boarding pass straight from your check-in agent) that can only mean one thing: You were already in F in the system.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by akalra1187

Same has happened to me. They lost it (found it 5 days later) and didn't give a hoot about compensating for missing clothes, toiletries either.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Maccarthy
Sorry to burst your bubble but this is simply not possible. I mean, there is no way in Sabre by which a check-in agent can just process an upgrade without this being done previously by flight editing. So, assuming that you have been upgraded on that day (and you got your boarding pass straight from your check-in agent) that can only mean one thing: You were already in F in the system.
I spent ages a couple of years ago trying to book an awards upgrade from business to First - Singapore to Abu Dhabi and all I got was keep checking, keep checking - I did in the meantime get 4 emails each with a last chance to to bid for an upgrade (yes 4 last chances). Then I was told to ask at check in unfortunately however I was flying the first leg with Garuda from Bali so of course I could not.

On arrival at Singapore not enough time to get to transfers but I relayed my story to the desk manager there and he went away and came back 20 minutes later with the upgrade - great customer service from him

Not surprisingly I was the only passenger in First but Etihad never quite saw the irony of this fact and ignored constructive suggestions about making it easier to upgrade
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Maccarthy
This doesn't make sense.
Assuming you are correct, and assuming Etihad are using Sabre at check in, even then, what possible reason would there be for me to already be in F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.