Wiki Posts
Search

EY 103 - Jet or Etihad?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

EY 103 - Jet or Etihad?

Hello!

I'm in the process of finalizing some AA mile reservations to Asia! My wife has never flown business on an international airline, and I wanted to give her a great experience.

I currently have, to and from booked on Cathay Business in October, but an opportunity to book the return leg has popped up on Etihad. I was set on switching the return leg to Etihad, when on the phone the operator told me it was a Jet Airways flight, which confused me. Flight is EY 103. I know Etihad sometimes? uses Jet equipment when flying in and out of JFK but I wasn't sure if its just the aircraft or the crew as well? The aircraft says A388 which I assume is just the A380-800.

Any thoughts? The return leg on Cathay has a short connection on Dragon Air, followed by a stop in Vancouver, so I was really hoping to switch. But will the experience be the same?

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:10 pm

Both JFK AUH legs are now A380s unless there are last minute equipment swaps. But with AA miles you can't route from Asia to (I'm assuming) North America via the Middle East. It would be priced as two awards.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by living
Hello!

I'm in the process of finalizing some AA mile reservations to Asia! My wife has never flown business on an international airline, and I wanted to give her a great experience.

I currently have, to and from booked on Cathay Business in October, but an opportunity to book the return leg has popped up on Etihad. I was set on switching the return leg to Etihad, when on the phone the operator told me it was a Jet Airways flight, which confused me. Flight is EY 103. I know Etihad sometimes? uses Jet equipment when flying in and out of JFK but I wasn't sure if its just the aircraft or the crew as well? The aircraft says A388 which I assume is just the A380-800.

Any thoughts? The return leg on Cathay has a short connection on Dragon Air, followed by a stop in Vancouver, so I was really hoping to switch. But will the experience be the same?

Any thoughts? Thanks!
What is your routing like? Jet Airways doesn't fly on JFK if I'm not mistaken (and they also don't fly any A380's).

So I guess it would be a codeshare with EY, and so the A380 flight would be Etihad aircraft and crew.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:55 am

The agent is wrong. As far as I am aware, there are no Jet wet-leases currently in operation, and in any case, definitely not to JFK.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by living
Hello!

Any thoughts? Thanks!
So what was the actual EY routing you were able to find?

EY103 should be all A380, so I'm not really sure why the phone agent would have told you this was a Jetihad flight (as far as I'm aware EY isn't flying any 9W aircraft anymore). I'm assuming you were talking with an AA reservations agent who was more than likely just wrong. It's common to find AAgents who are not very knowledgeable on EY.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:46 pm

All Etihad services to NYC JFK are now on Etihad aircraft. They no longer have the Jet Airways 777s they use to have when they started the 2nd JFK flight. Now both frequencies are on Airbus 380.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
But with AA miles you can't route from Asia to (I'm assuming) North America via the Middle East. It would be priced as two awards.
You can in some cases, if "Asia" means the continent of Asia. Specifically, you can fly either CX or EY using one award between India and the US.

If on the other hand "Asia" refers to an AAdvantage region, there is no such region; there is Asia 1, Asia 2, Indian subcontinent, etc.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
You can in some cases, if "Asia" means the continent of Asia. Specifically, you can fly either CX or EY using one award between India and the US.

If on the other hand "Asia" refers to an AAdvantage region, there is no such region; there is Asia 1, Asia 2, Indian subcontinent, etc.
Sorry I was referring to Asia as Asia 1 or Asia 2. I would assume if someone meant India they would said India and not Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.