Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Business and first class seat software bug??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, EY, UA, BA, VS, B6, SQ

Sitting in first class apartment I noticed a faint whining of a motor in the seat back. It would go for a minute and stop. It would start up again every few minutes. I checked the seat menu and the massage function was off. I could feel small adjustments being made to the lumbar support but I wasn't changing any settings. I figured it must be a faulty seat.

On the next leg I was in a business studio seat. Same thing happens. Both the lumbar and cushion firmness keep changing slightly without me doing anything, but the settings on the seat controls stay the same.

Long story short, the same thing happens on 2 more subsequent a380 flights (posting from one right now). All different seats. 4 flights out 4 with same thing. I could feel it significantly when lying flat. Is this a know thing in Etihad seats? Anyone else notice this? It can be quite annoying if your trying to sleep. I figured it might be a seat setting software bug or something.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Are you sure you are not accidentally pressing the massage function?

It's a while since I was on an EY plane, but I don't believe there is a way of "checking" whether it is off. And it can be easy to accidentally press a button without realising it.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
The Business Studio seats have a pneumatic system which controls the seat firmness. This regularly inflates/deflates the seat during the flight to maintain the selected level of firmness.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, EY, UA, BA, VS, B6, SQ
Originally Posted by Speedbird676
The Business Studio seats have a pneumatic system which controls the seat firmness. This regularly inflates/deflates the seat during the flight to maintain the selected level of firmness.
If it is intentional, the system needs a little refining! It seems to happen every few minutes, right from boarding and can be a little annoying.

Minor issue but just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:14 am

i definitely noticed it when i flew the apartment last august. i'm currently on my way to JFK and will be on EY 102 in a few hours and will report back if i experience it
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:31 am

Just landed in AUH. The bug or feature? Is still there. I was in seat 4K and would every 30 mins or so hear some whirring and feel the lumbar adjust. It may be on purpose to prevent bed sores from sitting so long lol? Either way didn't notice it after a few mins and had another great flight in the apartments. There really isn't a better FC product in terms of the hard product at least
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I noticed this on my flight on Thursday in J on the A380 - the seat felt like it was expanding and contracting in the later part of the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.