Menus in Business

Old May 23, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, SQ Gold, MH Gold, Hertz Gold
Menus in Business

Attached a few menus from my recent flights.

Food was not good - lacked freshness, plating was terrible, quality was sub par. When they're competing with the likes of Qatar who have guest chefs ...

Even the fruit plate, which was once amongst the best in the sky, was nasty, dried out and unappetising.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, SQ Gold, MH Gold, Hertz Gold
Menus for late night flight

Left Abu Dhabi after 2am
Attached Images      
Old May 23, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
heaps of bad feedback out there at the moment.
Looking less forward to my trip to Australia next month. Hopefully I get a better experience, last year was definitely good mostly
Old May 23, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Ditto - am flying with my family (5 of us) from the UK to Australia and back in business class in the summer. We booked with Etihad expecting one of the best business class product in the world but it seems that economic realities are hitting the airline and it is not what it was a couple of years ago. That said:
1) I don't think the cost cutting is unique to Etihad by any means
2) it is all relative - I guess Etihad is starting from a higher base than carriers like BA and at least it still has a good hard product, new aircraft etc.
3) the fare I paid was ridiculously low versus BA, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Qatar etc. (around 2.5k per person for U.K. to Sydney and back from Melbourne to the U.K. in business plus a couple of free internal flights with Virgin Australia). Personally I'd rather save the money and sacrifice an amenity kit and some fine wine...but I get it that corporate travellers will be less happy if they are not personally benefitting from the fare savings.
4) at least you can reserve your seats free of charge, unlike with BA that seeks to fleece you for the privilege!
Old May 23, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Yeah I think a lot of airlines are really cutting back, certainly not unique to EY
And I would be very surprised if EY was worse than BA. Last time I flew BA J I had nail clippings left in the seat when I sat down, the worst meal I have ever had I J and a completely disinterested crew (aside from the CSM, who was absolutely awesome) emailed BA to give the feedback and was sent a generic email in response, which seems to be the standard these days.

I think even with the cutbacks EY in J is still one of the better options out there even if you only base it on the business studio seats which are great.

Will wait and see what its like next month, have lowered my expectations already haha
Old May 23, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
An interesting read...
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ey-lounge-jfk/
Old May 24, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Overall the food on Etihad has never particularly excited me in Business (or First) occasionally there is something really nice. Always the same boring Meze and oh my the cheese board!

however one thing that tends to be very good are the "big snacks" (such as the steak sandwich on your menu) which are usually excellent

personally I can not say that I have ever had reason to criticise the presentation
Old May 24, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Seems like business as usual here..

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ss-787-review/
Old May 24, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: Virgin Velocity
Left AUH at 2am to fly where?

That seems to only be a breakfast menu which I was offered too (?) but also first a Dinner menu on my way to PER... so I got two meals on a 13hr flight...

Food was a delight. No problems with catering.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.