No response for missing baggage

Old May 16, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Angry No response for missing baggage

Hi,

My father travelled from Delhi to London with Etihad Airlines on 15th May 2017 (EY229 and EY17). Upon arrival in London, we noticed that one of my check-in baggages is missing and informed the same to the authorities at the airport.

I am informed that bag is probably delayed and have been provided with File Reference LHREY***** to check the status. I have been checking the link (www.etihad.com/baggageassistance) using the File Reference number since yesterday and do not have any information about the status of my baggage. Have also left a message for the airline on that with no response. I have tried reaching out to the 020 8750-9810 through the day with nobody even picking the call.

It seems that the baggage handling for Etihad at Heathrow is done by Cobalt Ground Services. Surprising that even Etihad Customer Care is not able to guide to the right number that can guide me in this regard. They forwarded me to a different agency who do not deal with Etihad baggage at Heathrow Worst of all, this happened twice!!

Baggage Tag: EY******

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 16, 2017 at 2:22 pm Reason: Redact baggage ID and file reference
Old May 16, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
1. suggest you remove the Bag tag#

2. The EY Lurker is responsive- try contacting by PM-Etihadhelp
Old May 17, 2017, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
First of all, there is no point ringing anyone on this issue to expedite the matter. The people you reach won't have any details other than what you can find out from the baggage tracing website. The online tracing system is the only source of information, and will be updated as soon as someone finds the bag, wherever that bag is. Ringing someone to enquire about a lost bag will, at best, just get them to look up that system with your file reference - something that you can do yourself.

Ringing the Heathrow Ground Handlers won't help - you have established that that is one place it definitely is not - so there is nothing they can do, or tell you, until the bag is found, somewhere, and its details are entered into the baggage tracing system to initiate the process of re-uniting it with its owner.

Most bags DO show up, but it can take a few days. Just be patient and wait for new/additional information to be loaded into the system.

You did say, however, that the bag was YOURS but that you were not travelling. Did your father, by any chance, tell anyone at any point in his journey that he was carrying a bag that was not his? Or was there anything in that bag that may have raised suspicions during a scan or search?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.