Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad cost cutting

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
Are EY now getting strict about carry on luggage? I have been using EY regularly for the last 10 years and have never had my hand luggage weighed or checked prior to boarding.
Had my bag taken off me in F recently ex AUH

I was fuming as the thing sits on the floor anyway and 14KG instead of 12KG isn't going to make much difference

Spent an hour getting it back because I'd left something very valuable inside as was not expecting to check it. Thank god it then arrived in London.

Don't see the point especially as they weren't about to charge me, it was my first bag of an allowed three !
Old May 22, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by sabdhabi
Which new lounge in BKK? The Miracle lounge that was previously known as the Louis Tavern lounge?
they opened a new lounge at the end of April on concourse D which Etihad were using when I flew out in early May
Old May 22, 2017, 5:31 am

What has turned me against Etihad more than anything is Adu Dhabi airport.

i am fed up with finding long queues to get through security for transit with no channels open for premium passengers and not enough for economy and then the lack of priority boarding for business class on the 777s where you find yourself stuck queuing all the way down the airbridge. I can put up with the still unrefurbished 777s just but the transit is a mess. I have complained to Mr Hogan but it would seem either Etihad do not care about this and simply pass the blame instead on the airport instead of championing their passengers
Old May 22, 2017, 8:55 am

Hogan's left, I think the new chap is called Baumgartner

I'd love it if they could in fact state what they would like to plan to do, the airline is a mess now and people are leaving by their droves - both passengers and their better staff.

Terminal 3 is theirs and theirs alone and to attempt to shift blame away is idiotic. Putting off the midfield is suicidal but that's been done again

I remember the very first day T3 opened, I was sat on the floor of the business lounge along with many others as it wasn't big enough - ON DAY ONE !

Everything but everything is the passenger's fault, they need to be hit with a cartload of lawsuits in order to up their game I think - or has been described elsewhere become a transport company a la Norwegian
Old May 22, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
it looks as though there is no a la carte menu in EY's own lounges across their network anymore. See the last paragraph of the attached...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ington-review/

Can anyone confirm that there is now no a la carte menu offered at either MAN or LHR?
Old May 23, 2017, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Hogan's left, I think the new chap is called Baumgartner

I know he is leaving but thought he is still there - Baumgartner may be a temporary fill in and will be "more of the same" He was responsible for among other things Guest Services, Etihad Airways Marketing, Etihad Airport Services – Ground, and Etihad Airport Services so this is hardly reassuring

however thought they were looking to recruit from outside
Old May 23, 2017, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, SQ Gold, MH Gold, Hertz Gold
Just came off 2 legs in Business. Food was sparse, and frankly appalling. No amenity kit on 1st flight even though it was a night flight. Cabin feels really down at heel. It's a shame - staff working very hard to make the experience good - but they've not been given a lot to work with! Penny wise pound foolish.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Had my bag taken off me in F recently ex AUH

I was fuming as the thing sits on the floor anyway and 14KG instead of 12KG isn't going to make much difference

Spent an hour getting it back because I'd left something very valuable inside as was not expecting to check it. Thank god it then arrived in London.

Don't see the point especially as they weren't about to charge me, it was my first bag of an allowed three !

Its still over the limit allowed. People are getting upset that Etihad is following their own guidelines on weight it seems. If you are allowed 7kg, don't come with a 8kg carry-on bag. If you are allowed 12kg, don't complain when they weigh your bag and its 2kg more than it should be and needs to be checked in.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
An interesting read...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...on-plan-stalls
Old May 24, 2017, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Enzokk
Its still over the limit allowed. People are getting upset that Etihad is following their own guidelines on weight it seems. If you are allowed 7kg, don't come with a 8kg carry-on bag. If you are allowed 12kg, don't complain when they weigh your bag and its 2kg more than it should be and needs to be checked in.
Thanks Enzokk for stating the obvious. However in the eight years previous to this it had never once been an issue, suddenly it was all tehy could think about and it is pointless.

The bag will stay on the floor the entire time and they don't have to pay handling fees. Moment they put it through as a premium bag then both airports are going to charge them for it.

I'd understand if it were going into an overhead, but then everyone else has a 20+ Kg limit so that also makes no sense

As other's have said, penny wise pound foolish

I wonder what will happen when they start taking duty free off people, I've seen people coming onboard in DXB with insane carry ons of duty free bags but they have always seemed allowed
Old May 24, 2017, 3:32 am

I could not agree more. I wish the airline (and all airlines) would enforce the restrictions on a consistent basis and to hear people moaning because the airline did not allow them to ignore the rules is beyond the pale. True there may be times when there is a very good argument for an exception but that should be set up in advance
Old May 24, 2017, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by sabdhabi
very interesting. What a pity Etihad did not invest some of that in their own product and a really state of the art hub
Old May 24, 2017, 4:49 am

I can understand where you are coming from, but you would need your head examined if you were to take issue with a first class passenger being 2kg over on hand baggage. Little things like that do not create repeat business.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Dubh
I can understand where you are coming from, but you would need your head examined if you were to take issue with a first class passenger being 2kg over on hand baggage. Little things like that do not create repeat business.
True but I simply do not like the arrogance that the rules are for everyone else.

BTW I am not sure that Etihad have yet understood the loyalty equation yet
Old May 24, 2017, 5:44 am

Unless ofcourse your name ends with Al Nahyan and happen to be a distant relative who couldn't get on the private plane and have to slum it in F in Etihad, in which case you can carry on 20kgs and no one will bat an eyelid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.