Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Got the A380 Apartment AUH-BOM with 80k AA miles!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Got the A380 Apartment AUH-BOM with 80k AA miles!

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by shgroamer
Seems like a hefty redemption for quite a short itinerary, even RT, but YMMV. I think I spent a bit over 100k AA for AUH-JFK-DFW next month. Going be a long but fantastic trip.

Enjoy it regardless and report back your experience!
Not sure if it was directed towards me or OP.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by johndoes
Not sure if it was directed towards me or OP.
OP

I hope you enjoy your travels as well though!
Old May 19, 2017, 7:21 am

OP

I hope you enjoy your travels as well though!
I agree 100% - AUH-BOM F class redemption is ridiculous. And to devalue further, EY removed A380 on that route. You're better off in J class.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by schley
Good point but that would assume I wanted to go to London
London is a great city and it is guaranteed to get the EY A380.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
London is a great city and it is guaranteed to get the EY A380.
Just a quick note that EY17 (AUH-LHR) and EY18 (LHR-AUH) on Wednesdays seems to be operated with an A340 most of the time
Old May 26, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by yourethegoose
Just a quick note that EY17 (AUH-LHR) and EY18 (LHR-AUH) on Wednesdays seems to be operated with an A340 most of the time
I don't fly on Wednesdays, not really my favorite day.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Ok just got back and very satisfied with the apartment. Did dmm-auh in a A320 business, but loved the first lounge, very high quality and they got it right!

I was disappointed that the flight was like only 3 hours AUH-BOM! Thought it was 4 so must have had huge tailwind going east probably. God the pajamas even though i ended up passing on using the shower and sleeping. Food wasn't blowing me away to be honest as it wasn't some michelin star meal, but the comfort and room was great.

One big disapointment is you can't watch movies from teh system upon boarding you have to wait until they allow the system to be used, which is a huge disappointment. IMO it should be accessbile and only pause for annoncements. They aren't running advertisements so why not? Wasted almost 50 minutes when the passengers could have enjoyed the system. It is one thing i really like about UA is that you can access their system the moment you board.

Also on the way back had to change my departure from BOM to Del to return and called AA as it was their miles. They did it for roughly 55 bucks more and got refunded 10k miles. Great deal mid itinerary as i was expecting much worse damage.

Would have liked a golf cart ride from the gate to lounge and vice versa would have made it complete.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:23 pm

Ok just got back and very satisfied with the apartment.
It's good you enjoyed it, but I still can't see ANY value with it or how it's a bargain.

The paid fare for this route is merely 2k USD, so that's 2.5cents per mile. That's a far cry from value.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:30 pm

I think I spent a bit over 100k AA for AUH-JFK-DFW next month. Going be a long but fantastic trip.
I'm doing BOM-AUH-JFK-YVR in F. Now that's long
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond

One big disapointment is you can't watch movies from teh system upon boarding you have to wait until they allow the system to be used, which is a huge disappointment. IMO it should be accessbile and only pause for annoncements. They aren't running advertisements so why not? Wasted almost 50 minutes when the passengers could have enjoyed the system. It is one thing i really like about UA is that you can access their system the moment you board.
This is largely down to the crew as I have had both several times. Ask next time and they might turn it on if you're lucky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.