Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infant ticket price

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Infant ticket price

I have a business class ticket booked using AA miles for dfw-auh-hyd for June 2017 and am trying to see how much it would cost me for the infant ticket if I were to upgrade my mileage ticket to first. Is there an easy way to know the infant ticket price?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:07 am

It will be expensive! Usually 25% of the business class fare. The only way to find out exactly is to call American and get a price quote. You can also call Etihad separately and get a price quote from them as well. Either airline can issue the ticket but one or the other may say they can't.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
It will be expensive! Usually 25% of the business class fare. The only way to find out exactly is to call American and get a price quote. You can also call Etihad separately and get a price quote from them as well. Either airline can issue the ticket but one or the other may say they can't.
for the current biz infant ticket it was priced at 150$ and so hopefully first will be twice that or close to that in which case it is reasonable. This is award ticket booked using AA miles and so Either agent told me they cant provide me a price without adult ticket already done.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:34 am

$150 seems quite low for business. Once it's issued check the booking class of the ticket and make sure they issued it in business. I had a business AA award ticket with QR and they issued the lap infant ticket in Economy pricing. It was a huge headache to get it fixed.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Poster

$150 seems quite low for business. Once it's issued check the booking class of the ticket and make sure they issued it in business. I had a business AA award ticket with QR and they issued the lap infant ticket in Economy pricing. It was a huge headache to get it fixed.
you are making me super nervous
So I checked the itenary on the etihad site and see the biz ticket for myself and also see my son's name listed on it as well. So it should be good. Right?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:01 pm

Sorry not trying to scare you. It's just that infant tickets can be a pain sometimes because agents manually price them out. The lap infant should have his/her own ticket number so you can check with that on Etihad's website under "view itinerary" to double check the booking class.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Sorry not trying to scare you. It's just that infant tickets can be a pain sometimes because agents manually price them out. The lap infant should have his/her own ticket number so you can check with that on Etihad's website under "view itinerary" to double check the booking class.
he does have his own ticket number. I think I called Etihad to booked his ticket and not with my AA award ticket at the same time. However your warning did help me because I just realized that i forgot to book the return leg for him and so thank you
Old May 29, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
in 2015 Etihad charged 20%+

I know that in 2015 when I was last looking for infant F tickets, Etihad charges 20-25% of the fULL unrestricted F price for an infant add-on to an AAdvantage ticket - it was so extortionate that we moved to flying QF instead (which resulted in probably the best flight I've ever had so all worked out in the end).

It seemed at that time to be a deliberate policy to break from the industry norm of 10% in order to try to discourage infants in the premium cabins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.