Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hungry in First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: United 1K, American EP, Etihad Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I'll be there very early next week, will confirm what's going on as well.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
Nonsense!

It IS a problem!! - if you pay for First fares you should expect First quality services
It sure is a problem. I have never been lucky enough to fly 1st. But if I did I would expect a good meal in a lounge for the prices that are charged.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
I’ll be in the F lounge myself next week & will establish what’s what, if I possibly can. A fuss about nowt, if I may be so bold!
You mean Belligerent NoY.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ADubUAE
That is the snack menu. I ordered from the same menu over a month ago. I'll find out if the other menus are still available next week.
True but it is also so I was told the only menu.

Am there again tonight and really do hope that I am wrong
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
been there on Sunday and the menue is still there.
tons of options. And if you ask nicely they will even prepare dishes which are not on the menu. Had a fantastic steak, my wife great scallops with some pol roger 2004 champagne.

in terms of food certainly one of the best lounges out there.
As mentioned in my post it started on Wednesday and yes it certainly was excellent food
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Am here right now. Staff also upset but the menu as pictured above is the only one.

However the staff are hopeful. Reason being that the buffet has been returned after so many complaints

Oh you also need to order the fries if you want them with the sliders, not automatic
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:28 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Am here right now. Staff also upset but the menu as pictured above is the only one.

However the staff are hopeful. Reason being that the buffet has been returned after so many complaints

Oh you also need to order the fries if you want them with the sliders, not automatic
So the rumors are confirmed - we now have buffet in the F-cl lounge? IMHO this is a positive enhancement.

And IMHO the title of this thread is too dramatic Hungry might be folks in North Korea, but not someone in the F-class lounge
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Poster

It was a follow on from the recent "hungry in the premium lounge" thread

Yes you are absolutely correct that it would be more appropriate for the less fortunate parts of the world

Not sure that I can change it though

Oh and the buffet is time appropriate with what is offered and is generally grab and run food. This is how it was described to me although I didn't see it in person as I'd run out of time having retrieving my bag having been a pillock (separate thread)
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: United 1K, American EP, Etihad Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Just left the AUH FCL - can confirm that Dogmatick is correct. There is now ONLY the menu he provided. There IS a desert menu which I'll post later, but overall it's a huge downgrade. Portions are tiny, and even after ordering two courses and a dessert I'm still hungry. Quality is still good, but you should order at least three courses to consider it even a reasonable-sized meal. Good news, they are still serving sorbet between courses.

Also - there is no buffet, so that hasn't been re-added.

Yes - this is clearly an obnoxious post, but Etihad is cost-cutting significantly. Between this and the Electronics ban, I'm going to look for other options out of AUH.

If I was paying full-price for First, I'd be pissed.

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
It's all change in the shiny First Class lounge

The Emirates Palace menu has gone and what remains is a set of dishes that don't make for an a la Carte experience

For example the last item on the menu is (drum roll)

Eggs Benedict

So no real starters main dessert etc. Though I managed to get an off menu chicken soup

Such a shame that this has happened. I turned up expecting to eat supper but am leaving thinking about dropping by Burger King en route to the aircraft
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:50 am

Just posted about this in the lounge opening thread:
- Buffet was removed because of constant flies on the food, according to staff
- Emirates Palace Tasting Menu was removed in the last week, due to 'management decision', according to staff
- Menu is same for lunch/dinner, and only differs for breakfast, according to staff
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maah117
Just left the AUH FCL - can confirm that Dogmatick is correct. There is now ONLY the menu he provided. There IS a desert menu which I'll post later, but overall it's a huge downgrade. Portions are tiny, and even after ordering two courses and a dessert I'm still hungry. Quality is still good, but you should order at least three courses to consider it even a reasonable-sized meal. Good news, they are still serving sorbet between courses. .
Thanks for the confirmation especially of the portion sizes, dammit I missed dessert - was anything decent on there?

Drama free Burger King anyone?

I wonder if this is due to too many people coming in and costing them a fortune. One of my visits last week was on a Y miles ticket to Doha. Doubt they made much on that after a couple of Old Fashioneds
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:18 am

Nothing really good on the desert menu. See the menu below.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 6.44.33 PM.png
Views: 501
Size:  517.7 KB
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:44 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Yep, sadly, the menu posted earlier (post 5) is indeed the only one available after 11am.

I had the Breakfast menu at about 7.30m which was fine, with the usual choices. Billecart Salmon Brut 2006, was, thankfully, on free-flow ^ All good.

At least one diner complained to the lounge manager about the changes & the inability to chose items off the non-Breakfast menu in the early morning. No flexibility was forthcoming = one very unhappy premium customer. Not so good.

EDIT: forgot to mention - there was a small buffet set up between the bar & dining area. pastries, fruit etc. Actually decent quality too.

Last edited by NoY; Mar 31, 2017 at 7:34 pm
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
It's really sad to cut costs for F passengers. After all these are the people paying the most money per person to the airline.
The idea used to be, serve them Dom and Caviar, they're paying enough anyway.
I suppose SQ still has this attitude, and perhaps NH too.
It's sad to see that Etihad already don't serve a prestige cuvée (a good vintage but not a prestige cuvée) or Caviar and now this. Yes their hard product is without a doubt the best, and the new cocktails in the F lounge in my opinion set them apart, but the lack of what they spend on F&B for First passengers is becoming too apparent. Other airlines serve lobster and Wagyu, Etihad serve 'steak'. Do they really think a F customer doesn't notice these things?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.