Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Guest Platinum Welcome Pack - Disappointed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad, Qatar, Virgin

I finally received my Platinum pack after number of calls to Etihad and I was VERY DISAPPOINTED.

When i asked when i am receving my platinum pack Etihad said they can only send these to residential or work address. PO Boxes not an option.

I thought they must be sending something valuable, ie some airlines sends a bottle of Krug , very expensive wines, personalised stationary etc.

My pack was express posted with UPS ($$$).

I opened the pack and it contained 2 luggage tags, diamond guest card and metal card holder. See attached pics.

I know Airlines trying to cut cost but this is very disappointing for such a big airline.
Attached Images   
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:32 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Just a little research would have revealed what to expect.

I would love to know which are the "airlines sends a bottle of Krug , very expensive wines, personalised stationary etc.”..

... ...LOL
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:20 am

From my point of view providing the Platinum packs to their members is EY's one and only service outside an airplane or lounge, that works reliably. And that's already more than i. e. the Intercontinental Group is able to do.

That's why I appreciate EY's Platinum pack like it is.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, United Silver
I got my Platinum pack last year. Funny that the luggage tags for Gold that I got in 2015 were personalized and full size, but the Platinum ones, were much smaller and not personalized. I will say that the logistics are great in getting the packs delivered!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:23 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
Just a little research would have revealed what to expect.

I would love to know which are the "airlines sends a bottle of Krug , very expensive wines, personalised stationary etc.”..

... ...LOL
Nothing from the OP on this, I notice. I suspect we will never hear from them again ^
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Someone from our office received a bottle of Krug last August from Qantas. Still sitting in the office unopened
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:46 am
Original Poster

I am Gold at Qatar. Lets see what they will give me when i go to Platinum
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:58 am

The Krug is for Platinum One, which is a tier above Platinum and requires significantly more travel than EY*P.

Don't expect anything exciting in the QR package, or indeed any airline membership packs generally.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I wish they would at least put the member number on the tags so that they serve some point should bags get lost. I understand not putting name details etc
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
I wish they would at least put the member number on the tags so that they serve some point should bags get lost. I understand not putting name details etc
yeah...I was wondering the same ... what is the point in those tags?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by birsti
yeah...I was wondering the same ... what is the point in those tags?
I think it is a mental challenge to see if you are personally correct in how many trips it will take for the airline to break them off

My original Gold Elite ones lasted one trip each then when they sent out the same within a leather cover I could at least keep the shards of the single trip that they made

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.