Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight in AUH F lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Overnight in AUH F lounge?

My wife and young son are arriving near midnight into AUH and are leaving AUH in F on EY 101 at 10:00 a.m. Because that flight arrives into JFK in the afternoon, we want our son to sleep for the first part of the flight (even though it is a daytime flight), and then be awake for the second part of the flight. That, in turn, means that he needs to be awake from about midnight till 10 a.m.

We spent time in the AUH F lounge with the kids play area etc. previously. Is the lounge 24 hours? (I think so?) Does the lounge effectively 'shut down' over night, even if it is technically open -- for example can they still get food, etc.? I know during daytime hours they have a nanny/attendant in the kids room -- is that true overnight too?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
It sounds difficult to do to keep a child up all night and then make them sleep at a particular point on a flight. I have tried night and morning flights and my seven year old son sleeps when he wants. Normally the night flights are better, but sometimes he is more interested in things around him to want to sleep.

10 hours in a lounge. Sounds an horrific experience for a family. Why not get a night at the airport hotel?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Sounds like torture. These lounges are not built or intended for passengers to spend the night. There is a perfectly acceptable & cheap hotel located inside the terminal with a marginally better one outside immigration across the street. The EY lounge is not intended to take the place of a hotel
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
It is open 24/7 but the hotel across from the terminal is clean and quiet and you can get half day rates.

We had a 11 hour wait between flights (but did not qualify for free hotel because we wanted the A380 to Australia) and used it for about 7 hours for a nap and shower and then went to the F lounge - very civil.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I didn't know there was a hotel inside the terminal - I will check it out. VH-RMD, how does one qualify for a free hotel? Does flying onward from AUH in F suffice? (And, is it like the chauffeur, where you don't get it if you are flying on AA miles, as they are?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.