Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

EY miles redemption on Brussels Airlines for the new sector BOM-BRU

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here so I'd like to apologize in advance if I ask something that's unacceptable or common knowledge.

So the thing is, Brussels Airlines will start flying nonstop on the BOM-BRU, BRU-BOM route (from March 31, 2017).

1) I was wondering if the BOM-BRU-BOM sector will be immediately available for a EY miles (partner) redemption?
Just wondering - once a new sector is launched, does it automatically become available to its partners for redemption?

The redemption table at for SN at EY's website has not been updated with BOM-BRU, BRU-BOM sector (yet).

2) So, do they book award tickets for sectors NOT listed in their redemption tables? I mean is this table all that they have for reference?
Or do they have some other interface/sw which tells them what the guests should be charged for a redemption?

tk cr,
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by RookieMistake
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here so I'd like to apologize in advance if I ask something that's unacceptable or common knowledge.

So the thing is, Brussels Airlines will start flying nonstop on the BOM-BRU, BRU-BOM route (from March 31, 2017).

1) I was wondering if the BOM-BRU-BOM sector will be immediately available for a EY miles (partner) redemption?
Just wondering - once a new sector is launched, does it automatically become available to its partners for redemption?

The redemption table at for SN at EY's website has not been updated with BOM-BRU, BRU-BOM sector (yet).

2) So, do they book award tickets for sectors NOT listed in their redemption tables? I mean is this table all that they have for reference?
Or do they have some other interface/sw which tells them what the guests should be charged for a redemption?

tk cr,
1) No. No. and 2) No. Yes. No.

Welcome.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:08 am

Likely no but you would do well to call and ask as I highly doubt the online tables are updated very quickly when changes take place.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by erik123
Likely no but you would do well to call and ask as I highly doubt the online tables are updated very quickly when changes take place.
I hope the tables will never get updated. In case they will, they will probably devalue the chart as they did it with ANA
Old May 3, 2017, 5:25 am

Just checked today and a massive devaluation has occurred!
Old May 6, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by jimbosmith300
Just checked today and a massive devaluation has occurred!
yes what a shame
Old May 6, 2017, 11:22 pm

Ya'll like a month late to the party.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.